classroom boredom (smut)

done by jilytho on fanfiction.net

He was trying to kill her. That was the only possible explanation. Her boyfriend was actually going to kill her. Lily was absolutely sure of it, in fact it was the only thing she could say she actually learned during class today.

She certainly didn't learn a single word about the Goblin Revolution of the year 459. She didn't hear or understand a single word that Binns droned on about. She was trying to, honestly! But that damn boy was trying to ruin her, tarnish her reputation, and wreck her grades with one damn hand.

She'd been focused in, as attentive as one could be to Binns, and forcing herself to take notes on her parchment instead of mindlessly doodling, when she felt his hand first rest on her leg.

She froze instantly, his fingertips lightly caressing right above her knee, close but still over the hem of her skirt. His eyes remained forward, seemingly entranced by Binns, but she could see the smirk tugging at the corner of his lips.

"What," she whispered out harshly, "do you think you're doing?"

"Who, me?" He whispered back, eyes flashing towards hers before flitting back to the front of the room, hand tightening on her thigh as he taunted her.

"Yes, you," she placed her hand on top of his to emphasize her point.

"Hmmm," he leaned down, still appearing innocent enough but was close enough that she could smell him, that intoxicating combination of leather and mint and something so utterly Boy , so James. She couldn't stop herself from holding her breath.

"I'm simply trying to liven up a class that is clearly boring my girlfriend stale." His fingers slipped under the hem of her skirt, remaining there almost innocently, and caressing the skin there lightly. He sat straight in his seat as if nothing was amiss and picked his quill up in his free hand to take notes, the other continuing to ghost up and down the skin of her thigh, ever so slowly.

"Class feels perfectly lively enough without your hand being put on my person." She gritted out lowly through clenched teeth, two hands gripping her quill so tightly it was a miracle it hadn't snapped.

"Be that as it may, I still feel quite bored so if it's all the same to you I'd much prefer to be entertained by that lovely flush you've started to sprout." He brought the feather end of his quill up to tickle at her cheek where Lily could feel herself getting quite red. "Hmm, see," he muttered out lowly, eyes scanning her slowly in his peripheral, hand on her thigh moving up to her middle thigh, index finger branching out and tracing up and down. "Very entertaining, and very pretty."

Lily felt her entire body light up in flames and couldn't decide if she wanted to scream or cry or grab him and kiss him senseless.

None of the above, she decided. Rather, she would focus on class and understand the Goblin Revolution of 459 or 493 or 549 or whatever it was or she would spontaneously combust trying to. She dipped her quill in fresh ink and for a few minutes, actually focused in. She slowly became accustomed to his hand there and it's gentle motions, light patterns and circles traced on her leg. The longer he stayed consistent the more relaxed she became, the more lulled into a false sense of security.

That sense of security made her ill prepared for when he began to push his hand up higher on her thigh, much higher, fingers tickling the top of her thigh, index finger slowly tracing the lace of her underwear and dipping to trace the side with one finger.

The tip of her quill broke off as she jumped in her seat in shock, passing it off quickly with a cough.

"Careful there, Evans," he whispered to her, finger pushing down and continuing to trace the side edge of her underwear, ghosting lightly over her to touch the other side, so close to the center but never quite reaching there.