Coffee Shop AU

done by marvabell on fanfiction.net

Lily frowned as she cleaned the milkshake and irritating seven year old had spilt on a table. Chelsea just had to take a break today.

quickly making sure the table was sugar free, she hurried back behind the counter and dealt with an old lady struggling to pay by card.

"we accept cash, ma'am"

"oh, dear, i don't have enough!" she said. "must have left it at home, my memory isn't what it used to be.."

no at the edge of her patience, Lily took a deep breath.

"tell you what, today's order is on the house, just for you, enjoy you day"

the old lady instantly brightened up. "well aren't you a dear, i'll pay you back tomorrow darling"

as she heard the chime of the door close, she sank onto the counter.

when she heard the door chime, she put on her 'happy' face.

four boys entered, making themselves comfortable in one of the booths.

realising that none of them was going to be coming over, she cleared her throat. all four of them looked to her. she pointed at the sign that said "ORDER AT COUNTER"

suddenly the went into a deep discussion. the handsome one with the long black hair tied back into a bun looked exasperated. the short one seemed to be complaining. the one wearing a sweater with elbow patches seemed to be reasoning with them. the one with the messy raven hair-

this one caught her attention.

he seemed to be gesturing to something. the four of them got into a very heated discussion before finally the long haired one kicked the messy haired one out of the booth.

stumbling slightly, he made his way to the counter.

"what can i get you?" she asked him.

"uh i'll have an iced americano, my friend in the sweater will have an espresso, my other friend, peter, the uh short one wants a chocolate milkshake and the last one would like a 'coffee as dark as his soul'" the messy haired boy chuckled. "i'll leave the that one up to you eh?"

"sure" Lily drawled. "why not. i'll just poison him while i'm at it, shall i? name?"

the boy grinned. "James. James Potter"

ignoring the butterflies in her stomach, she turned away from him. "lovely. i'll get it to your table shortly."

when she had their orders ready, she placed them on a tray and carried them over.

"one iced americano, one esspresso, one chocolate milkshake and one plain milk" she recited as she handed them their drinks.

the long haired one yelped. "why the hell do i have milk?"

"well" said Lily. "your friend did ask for coffee as dark as you soul and left the rest to me. so i did my best"

as she walked back to the counter she could hear the four of them laughing. well three and the long haired one.

as she signed off for the day, something told her she would see them again.

꒱࿐ ˚.*ೃ

the next day, as she was serving the same elderly lady as before, now with her granddaughter, the chime of the bell caught her attention. it was the four boys from before.

"holy shit" the granddaughter said. Lily's attention turned to her. "those are the marauders. i went to uni with them, they were like practically gods"