Summer Morning (smutish)

by Fayejase

She feels the breeze from the open window on the bare skin of her freckled cheek bones. She's lounging in her bed, tousled up in the soft sheets, still clad in her white linen night gown and lazing the early summer morning away. A single ray of sunlight shines through the the curtains that billow and brush against the ashy wooden floors of her cottage, her home. She can hear the birds singing their morning song as she watches the trees from her second story window sway in the wind. She is happy, content in one of natures most pure and beautiful moments.

Her husband woke and left for a run about fifteen minutes ago. After dressing in his active shorts and trainers, he gave his farewell with a sweet kiss to her sleepy lips and a soft graze with his hand to her swollen and round belly. "I love you baby, I'll be back soon. And I love you baby, boy." He whispers into her stomach lovingly.

He loves to run, especially during the warmer months of the year. He has kept his body lean and fit, developing even more muscles than when they were in school and he was captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team. She doesn't mind. She loves to see him come home with bright and adrenaline soaked eyes and a beautifully sweaty body. In fact, she can't keep her hands off of him when he is drenched and smelling so fantastically masculine. So it comes as no surprise that she is currently eight months pregnant with their first child. A son. She can't wait to have a mini James running around their ankles, playing and causing mischief just like his father. Her heart swells and her eyes water at how much she already loves her little man.

Lily, craving to be outside, decides to raise her pleasantly aching and growing bump out of bed. She wanders her way into their en suite, relives herself of her morning pee and rinses her face in the sink basin. She applies a generous amount of sunscreen and moisturizer to her skin before placing her fiery red hair into a neatly knotted plait. She wanders to her wardrobe and selects a pretty pale blue halter one piece swimsuit for her morning lounge at their garden pool. She ties a white linen coverup around her waist and slips on her sandals before making her way downstairs into their quaint little kitchen.

Alfie, their ginger cat, is lounging on the floor next to the door that leads to the garden. "Good morning, Alf. Do you want to go with me outside?" Lily asks as she pours herself some orange juice from the pitcher and takes a generous sip.

Alfie lazily lifts his head from the floor, gives a soft meow, and lays back down again.

Lily giggles at her sassy cat. "I'll take that as a no."

She grabs two chocolate croissants out of the cupboard and plates them. She adds a heaping of gigantic and beautifully red strawberries to a bowl of vanilla yogurt, grabs her glass of orange juice, and places it all on a tray for her to take with her outside. She grabs her sun hat from the hook next to the door and tenderly places it atop her head and makes her way to the back garden. She has the most fantastic dutch door in her kitchen that leads to the back yard. She likes to leave the hop half open so she can feel she summer breeze, hear the goings on out back, and also so Alfie can come and go as he pleases.

Speaking of the little bug, Alfie immediately stands and rushes out the door after Lily and trots his way to the lounger that sits furthest away from the pool. Lily knew he'd want to join her; he loves sunbathing just as much as she. Usually he stays outside for most of the day and comes in around dinner time, but she leaves the dutch door open for him anyways. Lily sets her tray on the table next to her chair and makes herself cozy by shuffling out of her shoes and taking off her cover up before placing the tray of food on top of her very pregnant belly. One of the best parts about being pregnant in her opinion, is always having a table to place things on. Lily grabs her spoon and digs into her delicious breakfast. While she relaxes, loving the way the morning sun kisses her skin, she takes in her surroundings and hums in happiness. She loves their little stone cottage more than words. It is adorned with pretty pale blue wood trimmings and has charming rose bushes climbing up the sides. Pretty flowers and lavender and rosemary surround the landscape, filling the air with such sweet aroma. Her vegetable garden is thriving in the summer heat. Fruit trees surround the pool artfully. She loves that she can get up from her lounger or walk out of the kitchen door at any given minute and take her pick of the various fruits and vegetables that her and her husband have lovingly tended to over the past several years. It makes her fantasize about raising their son out here, in this garden, showing him how to care for nature and how to have fun, play and relax.