Just Friends (smutish)

by KMK25

"Amos, I've told you a thousand times, there is nothing going on between James and me!" Lily said through gritted teeth. The first time Amos had shown any fear of losing Lily to James she had sweetly told him that nothing was going on, James was just her best friend, nothing more. At this point Lily was sick and tired of hearing Amos complain about James and how much time he and Lily spent together, they were the heads of Hogwarts for Merlin's sake, they needed to be together a lot.

"I saw you two at the Yule Ball last night, you looked awfully cozy." Amos hissed.

"Well, you're delusional we were not 'cozy'" She replied angrily.

"When you two were dancing to open the ball, don't think I didn't see you with your hand on his heart or him with his fingers in your hair, it was disgusting, I was humiliated." Amos huffed.

Lily's eyes narrowed, "James' heart was beating faster than ever, he told me to feel it, he happens to get nervous dancing in front of large crowds of people and who cares if my hand was

on his heart? It wasn't like we were snogging on the dance floor or something. As for him touching my hair, James always does that and you know it."

"This time it was different, there was lust in his eyes, he wants you Lily." Amos told her.

Lily rolled her eyes. "Amos, for the last time there is nothing going on between James and me okay? Just drop it this is getting ridiculous. Let's go get dinner."

"I'm really furious with you Lily, I know you're lying to me." Amos replied, grabbing hold of her wrist when she tried walking towards the great hall.

"Well, that's stupid, you have no reason to be furious with me, if anyone has a reason to be furious with anyone else it would be me with you. How dare you imply that I would cheat on you? Is that the kind of girl you think I am?" Lily yelled.

"Well, I don't know what to think Lily but you and Potter are just... there's something going on there, you always spend time with him."

"Hmm maybe because he's my friend? What, am I not allowed to have friends anymore because you think 'something's going on' when it clearly isn't?" Lily hissed.

"I'll forgive you and forget all about this if you drop James as a friend, then I'll know that I'm the one for you." Amos declared.

Lily laughed. "That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard Amos! James is my best friend, I'm not going to throw that away because you're being a jealous little prick, mates over dates."

"So you're choosing him over me now? And you say nothing's going on." Amos huffed.

"No, I'm saying I'll choose him if you make me so don't make me." Lily replied calmly. "Please let go of me, I want to eat dinner with my mate James."

Amos was turning red. "You know Lily, I had other options, I didn't have to ask you out but I did and this is what I get for it is it? Well you can have your precious James, we're over." And Amos stomped away.

Lily sighed, took a composing breath and walked into the Great Hall to have dinner. She scoped Gryffindor table for James, knowing that Amos would watch her when she sat down, it would be nice to rub James in his face a bit, even if they were just friends.

She found him sitting at the middle of the table with the rest of the marauders.

"Hey guys." Lily said as she sat down next to Sirius and began to pile food onto her plate.

"Lily, I see you're eating at Gryffindor table again and not with the poncy boyfriend over at Hufflepuff" Sirius remarked through a mouthful of chicken.