Chapter 4

"Hey."

I jumped whenever I heard his voice behind me, as per usual. Followed by a little gasp this time though.

I whipped my head around to look at him with wide eyes.

"W-Why do you always h-have to sneak up on me?!" I asked, making him laugh.

"I don't sneak up on you. You just never seem to be paying any attention."

"W-Well--!" I looked away. "W-What do you want...?"

"To tell you the details I mentioned." He said with a smile. "Did you forget you're coming with me to get the piercing today?"

"O-Oh...do you have an appointment...?"

"Nah. The place I usually go takes walk-ins. You just gotta sign some paper work and stuff, then you're good to go."

"Right..." I mumbled.

He smiled. "I planned to go at four forty five, after my practice ends. I was thinking that I could pick you up from your house after practice ends?"

"Um..." I averted my gaze. "I mean...I could just stay to watch your practice..."

He looked a bit surprised. "You want to stay and watch?"

"Well...I mean, it wouldn't kill me...and it would be easier..."

"Alright then...cool." He had a little smile on his face. "Then we'll leave after my practice. I hope you have something to entertain yourself with, because basketball practice is pretty boring."

"I can entertain myself..." I mumbled.

"Alright." He smiled, patting me on the head. "Then I need to head to morning practice. I'll see you later, okay, pup?"

"Okay..." I mumbled with a little blush.

He chuckled, patting me on the head again before he mumbled, "By the way...your blush is adorable too."

My heart did a little flutter in my chest at his words, and I looked up at him with wide eyes. He just smiled softly down at me, slowly ruffling my hair before he moved his hand away and turned to leave for practice.

Oh god...he's going to be the death of me.