(2) Kingstons & Stevensons

Rowan's Pov:

Lonely.

I have been lonely and by my myself for as long as I can remember now.

I live in this huge mansion where once upon a time many people lived in. Those people who were my life. My everything. My safe place. My family.

Now no one's here. Everyone was gone taking the happiness with them.

I shake my head of my thoughts as I walk down to have my breakfast.

The place was so quiet that I could hear birds chirping loudly from outside.

There was a time when the first thing I would hear in the morning was the boys yelling and running around the place purposely making noise to wake everyone up.

I smiled involuntarily at the sudden memory that popped up in my mind.

"Sir your breakfast is ready"

I snapped out again and looked ahead and saw my cook put the breakfast on the table.

I nodded at him and he left. I sat down on my table sighing as I look at the empty chairs of this huge dinning table.

"Don't Rowan. Don't do this to yourself. It's been ten years and it's high time you stop acting like an emotional idiot. Get a grip. You're Rowan fucking Kingston", I mutter to myself.

I was having my food when my phone rang at the table. I glance at in and saw it was Landon.

I pick it up knowing he must have some news.

"Hello", I greet him.

"Hellloooooo boss. Gooood morning", Landon spoke cheerfully as usual.

"Good morning Landon", I smile shaking my head.

"Where are you boss? When are you coming? I have news for you. Really exciting", Landon asked happily.

"I'll be there soon. What's the news?", I asked curiously as I sip my coffee.

"Oh it's such great news. I'm sure you'll be on the top of the world. You'll probably start dancing. No wait..not dancing. That's a stretch. I mean the day Rowan Kingston will dance will be the day I stop being gay. But really when will you dance boss? I've never seen you dance. I wonder if you can dance, like really dance, but maybe not in front of others because you're shy. No wait.. are you shy? Oh don't be! I can he- ", Landon started rambling.

I sigh closing my eyes. This boy can really talk. I wonder why I still have him in my gang.

Oh yes..that's because he's one of the best I have.

When I took him in I thought maybe I can use him to torture people. He can talk and talk with them. But nah. I give up before the one getting tortured does.

But really he's one of the most strongest, smartest and loyal ones I have. So it's okay.

"Landon I'll tell you later if I can dance. Now please get back to the point", I said seriously.

"Oh yeah! You distracted me!", Landon said stopping the rambling.

I look at my phone with a 'what the hell' face and shake my head.

This boy!

"So yeah. The news is that we finally got a big lead and also captured a top ranked member of the Italian mafia", Landon said seriously, but happily.

My hand stopped midair as I was eating when I heard that.

"What?", I spoke shocked.

"Yes boss. Owen and I went together and raided the bar we told you about and captured his guy. He's in our cells now. We're waiting for you. You said you'll interrogate anyone we find", Landon replied.