(5) Attack

Rowan's POV:

We had reached my old base now. All teams were at their assigned places.

I was going to go through a secret passage that lead directly to the Don's office.

My brother's office.

I lead my team of five guys towards the passage that starts from the underground and leads up to the third floor.

"Boss are you sure the Italians haven't closed off these routes?", One of my gang members asked.

"Yeah I'm sure. There's no way they knew about this. We always kept them closed because they were only for emergencies. And the last time we had an emergency was when we were fleeing. I locked this place myself", I replied to them remembering how Harry and I had left this place by this route with my parents.

My team nods in understanding.

We slowly walk through the underground tunnel. After a minute of walk we finally came to a door at the side. I stopped and looked at the door.

I tried to open it but it was jammed as it has been like this for a decade.

My team's guy kicked the door open and I saw the stairs that lead up to the office.

"Come on boys", I said leading the way.

They follow me. We quickly reach the top and there was another closing there. This time it wasn't a door. More like an average air vent size hole.

I carefully opened the screws of the steel door and then pulled out the door altogether.

I peeked inside and saw no one in there.

Good for us.

I climbed through the vent and inside the room.

I look around at the office so many memories hitting me at once. I've entered this room after ten years.

I hear the last team member get in here and I snap out of my thoughts.

"No one's here. Easier for us", I shrug.

My team guys look around and scoff.

"This Don has no sense of responsibility at all Boss. How can he not know about these passages? I mean I'm glad he doesn't, but seriously?", One of the guys scoffs.

I shrug agreeing.

"With power comes responsibility, but for this guy with power comes irresponsibility", Another one shakes his head in disbelief.

"True. Now let's slowly get out of this office and take a sweep of this floor. Remember kill anyone you see and use your guns with a silencer so as to not alert the rest in the building", I reminded them.

They all nod and we walked towards the door. I put my ear on it to see if I hear any movements outside.

When I didn't hear any I gestured for them to split as we get out to check the entire floor. It's huge that's why.

They nod and I open the door.

For safe side I looked at both sides and found it empty and we all split. Three guys went one side and me and other two went the opposite side.

We bend down and slowly walk keeping an eye out for slightest of movements.

We suddenly hear some noises and we pause. We immediately hide behind the nearest wall and wait.

The voices grew nearer and soon I see five men chatting in Italian as they walk down the corridor.

We without any delay raised our gun and shoot those five dead. There was no sound heard except the noise from the impact of their bodies falling on the floor.