(55) Intruder

Leah's POV

Everything seemed to be in a freeze frame. Neither one of us were moving just like the furniture in the room except for the wind that blew the blinds through the open windows.

There was bare minimum moonlight escaping through the windows and into the room to help me familiarise with the intruder. Infact the room was so dark I could just see the outline of his figure leaning over the bed, now straightened up.

My left hand immediately went up to switch on the lights on the wall. The room quickly filled with bright light which would have affected my corneas if I was still drowsy. I was more awake than ever this second.

That's when I saw it. I saw what the masked hooded man was holding. A gun strapped with silencer, pointed at my still kinda asleep father, the light caused his face to scrunch up in disturbance.

My heart dropped.

The intruder unfroze and hastily pointed the gun at me. I quickly bend down grab one of my slippers and threw it at him. Obviously it wasn't enough to disarm him or something, my slippers were as light as rubber, but it distracted him.

I took the moment to run up to him and grab hold of his weapon. I tried to snatch it from him, but he just didn't let go and infact pushed me hardly causing me to stagger back a few steps due to force. Then with my bad luck not seem to be running out these days the back of my leg hit the end of the bed and I tripped over and fell down on my butt.

The intruder pointed his gun at me and I saw his finger on the trigger. I grabbed one of Dad's books he brought from home laying in the side and threw it with a lot of force at him. That surely hurt him.

"Fashion books are sharp as hell", I mutter as I quickly stood up and kicked his stomach.

His back hit the wall. I high kick his hand and the gun flew up in the air leaving his hands and landing in one of the corners of the room.

I punched his face feeling the satisfaction of hitting someone when I was this pissed already. He blocked my next move and I tried to land a punch on his stomach which inturn hurt my wrist considering he was either just muscles or wearing a protective gear.

I counter block his attacks and when I get an opening I grab him by his collar and throw him to the other side of the room. He crashes into the tv and breaks it and falls down slowly injured.

"What's going on?", Dad woke up in a jerk panicking.

He looks around squinting his eyes until he saw the intruder and shock plastered all over his face.

"Dad come on", I said quickly pulling his hand.

He jumped in fear before he realised it's me. It was yet another shock for my poor father as he didn't seem to have the ability to speak anymore. He looks at me and then at the intruder, his mouth opening and closing as a fish.

I glance at the intruder as I pull my father out of the bed. He was slowly standing up gathering himself.

"Leah- what's ha- who-?", Dad gasped as he slowly tries to get off the bed and pushes away his quilt which was being a pain in the ass having separation issues with my father.

My eyes didn't leave the intruder as I helped Dad out and gently pushed him to the door.

"Wake up Papa, Uncle Rowan and everyone else. Go!", I said quickly.

I didn't wait for his reaction or reply when I see the intruder spot his gun in the corner and go for it. I remember Sam's training as I sprinted towards him without hesitation and knee slammed him into the wall before he could get the gun. He groaned in pain.