(26) Shocker

Sometimes life is hard to predict, but no one ever knows how hard.

David's POV:

The entire way home I was alone in my car wondering how close it got today.

Leah was driving back in her bike which luckily gave me some time to actually be able to breathe.

I knew I can't delay it anymore. She has to know now.

The Kingstons probably know by now. There's no way Susan managed to get off the hook.

As I parked my car in my garage my nervousness was building up. I was anxious not just about myself, but for Leah.

I know her. I've raised her, but probably even I can't predict how she'll take it.

Nevertheless it's time.

I walk inside my house and look around for her.

Grace will be late today so I know it's going to be just Leah and I until dinner.

Well unless Kingstons show up.

"Leah", I called out.

"Yeah Dad!", I heard her from above probably from her room.

I went up the stairs gathering courage. I knocked once on her door and she opened it.

"Come on in", She smiled brightly.

I sigh walking inside.

"How was school today?", I asked softly.

"Oh lots of fun. I almost got detention as my friends and I nearly got into a fight with some other kids. Nothing tragic. All in all not bad for a first day", She grinned cheekily.

I chuckled shaking my head.

Only Leah.

"Just don't get into trouble", I warned her with a smile.

"Of course I won't. Do I look like someone who purposely gets into trouble?", She smiled sarcastically.

I shake my head. She's something else.

"Well I actually came here to talk to you about something important", I said gently.

"Yeah? Wassup?", She sat with her legs crossed on her bed.

I joined her sitting down opposite to her.

She looked at me and I stare at her with a fond smile.

God when did she grow up so fast?

I was already getting emotional. I tried to get a grip on myself considering I should be one to take care of her and not the other way around.

"Is everything alright?", She asked curiously when I didn't say anything.

I shake my head no with a weak smile.

"Princess there's something important you need to know, but before that I just want you to know that I love you and will always be there for you", I said slowly.

She frowned a bit. "Okay...I love you too Dad."

I take a deep breath before beginning.

"You know I'm gay. I don't have a partner, but I always wanted a family hence I planned for Grace", I started softly.

She nods slowly in understanding.

"My plan was only for your older sister Leah. She and I. One small happy family, until you came and made it perfect for us", I said with a smile.