(9) Reunited

Leah's POV:

We had landed in LA and were on our way to the base.

We had a hunch that boss would be there and we were proved to be right when Owen had called up there to inform our arrival and Levi had said he was in his office.

While Owen, Lan and I were relieved to be here and could crash at the very floor to sleep Troy, Dean and Chase were more awake than ever.

I mean I know why but seriously? a
Aren't their bodies yelling at them for rest? Or is it just mine?

Harry was just happy though. We could see even he is tired, but he was awake and glad to be back.

"Man I love home. This is so nostalgic. God only knows how many times I've driven down this street to the base. Ah those were the days", Harry was reminiscing as we rode.

I smiled hearing that though it still surprises me how these guys are reacting to this place. But I'm kinda sorta getting used to it slowly.

"I can imagine Harry. I have a vivid memory of these places too", Dean said with a small smile as he looked outside the window.

"It's a bit of a blur for me. But nevertheless enjoying it", Chase shrugged smiling.

"I got nothing", Troy said with a tight smile.

We all laugh at that.

"Yeah seriously it's a good thing I remember how my house looked like. But that's all you should expect from me", Troy chuckled shaking his head.

Everyone laughs again.

It would have been a sad thing to hear, but I guess everyone's eventually getting over the gap of ten years or maybe everyone's just too happy at this moment to see it the other way.

The rest of the drive was as quiet as it could be as everybody was in their own world.

"We're almost there. You can see the base's building from here", Landon announced.

"Oh yes there see!", Chase said cheerfully.

Dean poked his head out of the window entirely. Troy and Chase did the same from their respective windows. Harry just looked through the windshield.

Now that we were close to the base I realised something.

"We're not telling boss of this", I whisper warned to Lan and Owen showing my injured hand.

"Sure. It's not like it's a visible injury anyway", Landon nods sarcastically.

I narrowed down my eyes at him.

"Yeah he's right. Also it's not like boss is like a hawk capable enough to observe everything. He's just a rookie Don", Owen shrugged sarcastically

I rolled my eyes while those two snickered and high-fived with me sitting in between them.

"I meant no one mentions about this on purpose. Boss will be too busy seeing his kids to be able to spot this. Atleast not today!", I whisper shouted.

They chuckled while nodding. They better not.

"We are here", Harry announced in happiness getting our attention.

I look ahead and saw we had reached the gates. Landon put his hand out of the window and gestured the on duty guard to open the gates. The guard saw him and immediately complied.

The gates opened and we drove inside. I could already see boss and two more guys standing at the front of the building.

"Guys look", Chase almost whispered emotionally.