(3) Story

Leah's POV:

I soon reach the gang's base and rushed out.

I flung my bag over my shoulder and ran like I'm the lady version of Usain Bolt.

I pass the guards and some guys who were training on the grounds. They all saw me running and as usual were very amused.

"Damn Leah, just half hour late?! That's a record!", One of the guys yells laughing.

"We're proud of you!", Another one yelled smiling.

"Keep it up little one!", Another one yells as I rush towards the building.

I flip them all off as I go. They all laughed back in reply.

Don't misunderstand them. They all are really great guys. They actually adore me, but that doesn't stop them from teasing and bullying me considering I'm one of the few most youngest over here.

I was running past the crowd of guys walking all over the place. I even collided with some, but they just sigh and carry on with their work after seeing it's just me.

It's a usual thing.

Why am I always late?

I've been running for god knows how long and now I feel my lungs burn for air.

I finally found the room at the end of the corridor where we are supposed to have the meet. I ran towards it.

I pushed open the doors without knocking and scared everyone in there when the doors banged loudly on the wall.

"I'm here! I'm here!", I panted breathing heavily leaning on the door.

Everyone in the room looked at me with different emotions.

The gang members present here just silently snickered looking at me. Two of the remaining men in room looked at me with sympathy and annoyance.

Surprisingly it was my boss who was looking at me with sympathy and it was my best friend Landon who started at me with annoyance.

Oh man!

"Oh damn that was a lot of stairs. Good morning guys", I cheerfully walked inside trying to even my breath.

The guys looked like they were trying not to laugh. Boss stared at me with no expression now and Landon sighs as if exhausted.

"Why do we have so many stairs boss? I forgot how to breath for a second", I chuckled nervously.

Boss raised his eyebrow at me. I gulped.

"Ms Stevenson finally you bless us with your presence", Boss smiled sarcastically.

Oh boy formal mood.

"You're just half hour late. How did you manage to do that? I was not expecting you before 10", Boss smiled.

Some of the guys chuckled. I glared at them. They laughed.

Ugh.

"Well..um that's a progress! Yay right? Go Leah!", I cheered awkwardly.

Landon face palms himself. Boss's mouth twitches.

My gang friends shake their head with their fist in their mouth at me. Still trying not to laugh, but failing miserably.

"Can we finally start now that you're here?", Boss asked smiling sweetly.

"Oh yeah go ahead. You have my permission. We're already late", I nod sitting down in a chair.

Boss shakes his head at me as if wondering why he let me be in the gang in the first place. Landon looked at me in disbelief. I pull out my tongue at him.