(51) Barely escaped

The next morning was the same as any other at the base. Schedules were sent, drills were taking place and the team heads were barking orders to get some job done.

Except in the tech team.

Dean has been trying to get into a room with Landon since the extremely terrible moment they shared which ended up with Landon storming off in anger spitting facts which hit like arrows to Dean's heart.

Landon was back to conveniently avoiding his team head. He knew his job and he did it without needing to have a conversation with Dean unnecessarily. Infact he made sure if they have any conversation, which is always regarding work, it's out in the office in front of everyone so they can stick to the 'work' talk.

Landon was not throwing tantrums or showing attitude. He was just done. It was the last time he considered trying anything towards Dean. He was convinced that Dean is either not capable of feeling emotions or is happy with ignoring them and behaving like an asshole.

Either way it wasn't Landon's problem anymore. He tried enough already. Earlier he felt maybe Dean is finding it difficult to discover his feelings for a boy which without a doubt is new for him, so he remained patient and understanding. But now he won't.

Today's morning might just be Dean's lucky day since most of the tech team wasn't available in the office. There was just another worker apart from Landon who was doing his job in his cubicle in front of his laptop.

Dean was quick to grab the opportunity. He sent the worker to solve a tech problem with Emmett in the other building. As expected the worker left at once and the entire office was now vacant apart from Dean and Landon.

Landon was working in his space which was just three cubicles away from his coworker so he heard and understood Dean's intentions without any difficulty. He pretended to not pay attention to his boss and stood up from his chair with a file in his hand and started walking out of the office.

Dean saw that and immediately stopped him. "Where are you going?", He asked.

Landon didn't cease his walking, but replied. "I have some work with Owen."

"What work?", Dean asked.

"I need his signature on some papers", Landon said easily.

"You can get them done later. I need to talk to you right now", Dean said next.

Landon knew exactly what that meant so he didn't stop. "Later Dean. This is important. I have to get this signed as it's already crossed it's deadline."

Dean knew he was lying. Landon was a hard worker. He did his job right and on time. He was never late or behind on anything.

"Stop lying Lan", Dean sighs.

Landon paused just by the door with his back facing Dean.

"I know nothing's in that file. Will you just stop all this? I said I want to talk to you", Dean stated.

Landon turned to look at him sharply. "If it's about work then by all means we can talk. But if not then leave me alone sir. I have a job to do."

Dean was expecting the hostility. He ignored that because he didn't want to argue about it. Landon has never called him sir up until now. Even though he worked for him they were at name basis.

"Landon just come here and take a seat. Let's talk like adults. Please?", Dean said calmly.

"Adults?", Landon mocked. "Since when do you consider yourself one?"

Dean sighs looking down before meeting his eyes. "Mock me all you want. I know I deserve it but can we just talk? Please?", He said again.

Landon was surprised to hear the word 'please' being used twice by the same guy who once upon a time never knew the word existed.