(63) Making things right

Third's POV:

David had expected to return to the Kingston mansion, which he now considers home, to anything but this. He had no idea so much had happened in his absence and a part of him was upset with his boyfriend for keeping it from him. Even Leah.

Yet he told himself it wasn't the time to react. There are already enough problems and fights between everyone.

He waited for his boyfriend and bestfriend as he sipped beer in Sebastian's office alone. The kids were advised to not say or do anything until David has a talk with their fathers.

Fortunately he didn't have to wait long when the door opens after almost 40 minutes and both men enter removing their suit jackets not immediately sensing a presence in the office.

"So I'm assuming everything's fine with my house?", David asked to grab their attention. The kids had informed him of their whereabouts.

Both Sebastian and Rowan almost jerked in surprise and immediately grab their gun and turn around to point it towards David to sat on the couch far end of the office. Their finger ready on the trigger.

It all happened within a second.

David raised an eyebrow in amusement shaking his head, putting away his beer to put his hands up in surrender. "Please don't shoot me! I'm innocent and cute!"

He'd come this far to not get spooked by guns, but only when they're in those hands he trusts the most, the ones he can risk his life for—which are quite handful.

Sebastian and Rowan lowered their gun with shock plastered on their faces. David stood up laughing now and walking towards them. Sebastian was the first to recover and rush to hug his boyfriend.

"God I missed you so much!"

David smiled relaxing into the hug he's desperately missed so much. "Me too."

"When did you come back?! Why didn't you call? I would've come to receive you", Sebastian asked pulling back.

"Duh! I wanted to surprise you. I had my secretary pick me up and drop me here", David smiled leaning forward and kissing Sebastian on his lips.

"Though I probably shouldn't have surprised you. Getting shot was not a part of my plan", David chuckled looking at Sebastian then Rowan.

Rowan rolled his eyes moving forward to hug his best friend. "I thought it was a thief robbing us of our valuables."

David gasped pulling away. "I thought I was the most valuable thing you owned!"

Rowan scoffs. "You wish."

David was offended while Sebastian, like a lovesick puppy, grinned leaning forward to kiss David's cheek nodding as in agreeing to him.

"Though I should have known it was you when the kids downstairs insisted us on coming here to the office and check out the important paperwork Sam left for us", Rowan smacked his own forehead.

David was amused. "You two must have been weak ass mafia leaders if your own kids tricked you."

Silence filled the air until- "...You take that back", Rowan was very offended. Sebastian just kept smiling wide at his boyfriend.

David laughed taking a seat back on the couch.

"Stop smiling like an idiot Seb! You're not a teenager falling in love! Tell your boyfriend something!", Rowan complained.

"I love you", Sebastian smiled at David.

David laughed louder holding his stomach while Rowan stared at his brother in utter disbelief.