(53) Matter at hand

Leah's POV:

The first thing we did after landing was to head to the base straight away. Emmett told us they'd all be there and the first things we wanted to do was visit Theo and Troy.

Even though I knew Theo is the one injured I had a feeling he would still be normal, unaffected by that. Troy on the other hand could possibly be shaken up.

And I was right.

Troy's face said it all. He looked like he saw a ghost and now the ghost is possessing him. He hardly spoke to anyone since he returned from New Jersey. He did hug each of us when he saw us arrive, but that was it.

Dean told me he's pretty shaken up cause the bullet just missed him by inches. He wasn't expecting any of it at all and was having a blast apparently so that's why he's like this right now. He's just in that zone.

Theo's behaviour would give someone an impression that he's not at all injured. I mean he was out and about working, making calls and keeping tabs on everyone with all energy.

But I knew the pressure he felt the second he saw me. The moment we entered his office once we arrived back he walked up to me and without any word just hugged me tightly with one hand.

I could feel it. He was tense and under a lot of pressure.

After me he probably gave Wes the longest hug. Wes was quick to get to work. Since then he's trying his best to not let Theo move from his chair. Though Theo has a injury of a bullet would on his arm Wes is hell bent on providing him with any rest he can even under these situations.

While my brothers, father and Uncle are working their ass off trying to find Luca, make a plan to capture him and most importantly keep me and everyone safe I was away from all of it trying to find solace alone in the gym.

Surprisingly no one was at the gym. I sat down on one of the machines and just stared outside the window.

Dad and Grace are informed of our arrival and uncle Rowan told me he spoke to them and they're trying their best to come see me as soon as they can. They're stuck with some client meetings they can't postponed.

To be honest I was glad they weren't here. I do want to meet them and probably hug Dad very tight to find peace, but even I am not that delusional that that would work.

For the first time I preferred just being by myself.

I was angry, irritated, exhausted and just done. Luca has literally gone to so many extends just to get to me. He has managed to attack so many of my family members on his way to get some sick revenge from me. This is insane.

If it were up to me I would challenge him for a one on one. Maybe this is the insane, overly confident part of me talking but it's true. I felt that. I felt like I wanted to be that reckless teenager and make wrong decisions just to get this over with.

But even if I wanted to do that there was no way I could. My family, friends and mafia is so on edge that probably everyone has their eye on me and me only. Who knows they're probably expecting me to do something crazy.

That does sound like me.

"You're here."

I turn my head to see Landon walk inside and take a seat right in front of me.

I take a deep breath and nod. "Yup. I'm here."

"Why are you acting so unlike you?", Landon frowned.

"What is exactly unlike me?", I questioned.

"I've known you long enough so given the circumstances I think right now you should be punching the walls, arguing with your brothers to let you go and probably doing something reckless", Landon spoke as a matter of fact.