(65) Anniversary dinner

Three years later...

Leah's POV:

It's funny how sometimes we have our sudden moments of realisation about how time has passed so quickly pushing our life ahead without us knowing it all along.

For me it's today. This morning I had this wild moment of realisation which shocked me to the core. It took me a second to recall how much has happened in these years.

It's been three years since we faced any actual mafia threat. The buisness has been running smoothly and everyone's fine and doing alright. We're all slowly getting used to the peace which is nice and odd.

Anyway, today's a special day. Both my fathers are about to celebrate their first wedding anniversary today with us; their family.

Oh yeah. They got married last year.

It was sudden, unplanned and out of nowhere. One day Dad just woke up and decided to propose Papa out of some random motivation for which he booked one of their favourite restaurants, took Papa on a romantic date, pulled out the ring in a classic gesture and poured his heart out to him.

The story of their impromptu engagement they narrated us once they were back home was quite emotional. I could absolutely swear I witnessed Uncle Rowan cry... most likely in happiness. My brothers definitely shed some tears. Grace cried ugly while I didn't.

Well...maybe I did a little but that's probably because of my unknown allergies. Yeah of course. Leah Stevenson Kingston doesn't cry.

The wedding after that didn't take long to arrange for. Dad and Papa didn't want to wait any longer after I casually joked about how they weren't getting any younger. So the wedding took place the month after they got engaged.

Anyway, let's back up a little more from when they got married.

Three years ago our girls football team won the championship and brought home the cup quite victoriously. It was a game of blood and sweat which costed us all bruises all over the body and yet it was worth it.

The celebration that followed that winning night was something else. My team went all crazy with the party and booze. Again-it was worth it.

The entire school celebrated it with us, especially the other teams. The boy's team won too as expected so it was a double celebration. Our coach actually cried on field admitting he can retire with his head held high after this moment.

My whole family was in the stands during our final match (except Grace) and mind you they let themselves known by their actions and behaviour. It's times like these people wonder if it's a good idea to have nine brothers because the way they yelled and screamed during the entire match for me, on me, on everyone was dramatic.

The adorable cheers for their little sister were one thing, but resorting to their mafia member character in between the game was scary. Like threatening the referee and other team's girls was a tad bit extra when they committed a foul or well...when I face plummeted just before scoring a goal.

It was a hysterical sight when everyone (our entire school, boys teams, friends) in the stand were spitting agressive words towards the other team on the field and my brothers were either being held back literally by our fathers or cursing loudly. But three versus nine was not looking good.

Landon and Owen had come to cheer me on my final match too and they behaved worse. I swear I heard them make plans with my brothers to sue every single girl on the opposite team for the fouls they committed.

Sigh

Anyway, all was forgotten once Taylor made the winning goal which I assisted. Pam was the first one to jump on both of us which landed us three on the ground laughing in happiness.