(46) Out in the open

"Princess", A soft voice whispered capturing her attention.

Leah immediately turned around, her hands leaving Grace and she spotted her father along with her Papa and Uncle just beside the base of the staircase.

David stood there with a white bandage around his upper arm. A little blood stained on his vest, a small bruise on the forehead, hair messed up but otherwise fine.

Leah inhaled sharply and broke into yet another run towards her father. She crashes into him with so much speed that the momentum caused David to step back, but his arms went around his little girl.

That was all it took for Leah to break down ultimately stronger than ever.

Her hands were extremely tight around David almost squeezing him too hard. Her body shaking with her cries, face stuffed into his chest and heart pacing in speed.

"Dad!", She cried without a care.

The fear she had felt since the moment she entered the Stevenson house and up until the second she hugged David was unexplainable.

Everyone's eyes were on Leah. Theo's hand pressed Weston's shoulder assuringly who was panicking himself until Leah arrived.

The rest of the brothers all had a pained look on their face watching their sister like that. All of them itched to just pull her into a hug and protect her from everything.

"I-I was so scared! I-I saw blood on the floor! You and Grace were missing! I looked everywhere! The house was in a bad condition! I thought I lost you!", Leah broke down, her legs gave away, her arms leave her father.

She sat there on the floor, her hands covering her face as she pulled her legs to herself in a cocoon. Her body shaking as she sobbed.

David immediately kneeled down in front of her and pulled her to himself rubbing her back comfortingly, trying to not get emotional in order to stay strong for her.

Sebastian was there next to them. He himself had been holding back the moment he saw an injured David in his house. His hand went to Leah's head trying to calm his daughter who looked scared to her wits.

Charlie hugs Grace when she sheds a few tears looking at them. Emmett pats her back gently.

"Shh I'm here. I'm fine princess. Calm down", David said gently, but with full assurance.

He didn't have to ask her to know what she was going through. Leah was always expressive of what she feels, but never had she ever been so emotional to break down like that. It was the first time.

Leah pulled back looking at his face. Her face red, her eyes tired looking and her cheeks wet.

"You're hurt. Bruise on the face and..what happened here", Leah sniffed touching the bandage, a few tears escaping her eyes.

David looked at his arm and then back at her. "It's nothing. I'm fine princess", He said with a soft smile.

Leah frowned wiping her tears sniffing again and again. She looked to her side. "Is he really okay papa?", She asked seriously.

Sebastian nods with a small smile. "A little hurt, but nothing major."

Leah sadly traced the red bruise on David's head with her finger making his face scrunch in pain causing her to retract her hand immediately.

"Sorry", She said softly.

David smiled. "It's okay. Take a deep breath and calm down now. Come on", He said.

Leah takes a deep relaxing breath. Her eyes close as she rubs her hands all over her face and wiping her wet cheeks in the process.

"Come on", Sebastian said getting her to stand.