(49) Vacation?

Leah's POV:

It was almost dinner time now and Theo and Wes still hadn't come back.

Papa and Uncle returned home from the base as soon as they heard about the school incident. They weren't too happy about it as well.

Brody was still in the mood to be alone. Charlie was in his room for almost an hour before he came back downstairs. No one knows what exactly they talked about but Charlie assured us he's fine so we didn't discuss it.

I pace in the living room anxiously waiting for literally any news on my brothers or this gang that's targeted me on Luca's orders.

I didn't realise how long I've been pacing until my father interrupted my chain of thoughts.

"You've been walking back and forth like that for almost thirty minutes now. Calm down Leah", Papa sighs walking towards the couch and taking a seat.

I glance at him, not ceasing my pacing. "I can't. I'm nervous for them. Both left the house in pure rage and they won't pick up their stupid phones when I call", I said biting my lip.

I must have easily left a dozen missed calls and messages on both their phones.

"I know, but they're okay. If something was up they would have called", Papa assured me.

I shake my head pausing to look at him directly. "What about this gang that's been a pain in the ass for so long now? They always manage to cause damage and escape", I argued.

"That's frustrating me too. It's getting harder to catch them and surprisingly they have got close to us thrice", He said in an upset tone.

Exactly. This gang is either too strong or Luca's doing a good job helping them from all the way in Italy.

This gang doesn't seem to fear the fact that they are messing around with a mafia family. They either don't care about their lives or they're too confident on having another mafia family's support with them.

The front door was suddenly heard open and close grabbing both mine and my father's attention. I quickly walk towards the main door papa following me.

Weston and Theodore were back. They look at me, then Papa and take a deep breath.

"You two okay?", Papa asked them curiously.

They shrugged.

I noticed they seemed tired and unhappy. Tired I understand since they haven't been getting sufficient rest for couple days, but I'm not sure why they're unhappy.

I can guess..

"They got away", Weston said confirming my guess.

"What? Got away as in?", Papa questions them with a deep frown on his face.

Theo exhales before answering. "They have fled the country."

What!?

"Luca ordered them to return to Italy as a lot of their men got killed and also as they were unsuccessful three times in pulling off their job", Weston continued, looking at me while saying the last part.

Irritation filled me up. God I wanted to punch something so badly. Once again they freaking ran away before we got to them.

"Are you sure? How do you know this?", Papa asked.

"Owen's men managed to catch one of their people at the hideout we raided. We had put some of our men there to keep an eye out to see if they return. One of them did", Weston replied.

"We interrogated him and he confessed. He told us that we won't be able to find them now as Luca ordered them just two hours ago to go to Italy. This guy we captured was about to leave as well, but we caught him first", Theo continued.