(18) Plan sucessful

Rowan's POV:

I ended the call after saying what I wanted to say.

My heart was in actual physical pain. The news that I just received makes me wanna throw things and cry at the same time.

I was alone in my office. Theo wanted me to talk to Massimo because he thought it would fit perfectly.

I couldn't control myself. My eyes filled with tears. I tried to hold the tears in and I couldn't.

I let them fall. I stood up from my chair and placed my hands on the table and took deep breaths.

Suddenly the door opened and Chase walked in.

"Oh hey Dad. When did you come- , He started and cut himself off when I looked up.

His eyes went wide when he saw my face filled with tears.

I immediately wipe them off and turned my back to him, but of course there was no point.

"Dad?", Chase whispered slowly in a scared tone.

I cleared my throat and sniffed as I turn to look at him.

"Yeah Chase? You need something?", I asked trying to act normal.

"What happened?", He whispered lowly.

I shake my head nothing. My eyes were almost filled with tears again.

Chase rushed out of the office immediately. He didn't even try to ask me again almost as if he knew I won't tell him.

I knew where he went and I sighed heavily.

In no time I heard running footsteps and Theo ran in with Chase on his tail.

Theo stared at me in shock. Chase closed the door and looked at me.

"Dad?", Theo asked softly.

"Boys it's nothing. Stop worrying about me", I shake my head.

Chase looked at his older brother with worry. Theo kept looking at me as he walked forward.

"Did something happen?", Theo asked slowly ignoring what I said earlier.

I didn't reply. I couldn't. I can't tell them about Jamie. It will hurt them a lot.

"Dad please you're scaring me. You never cry", Chase said carefully.

I looked away. They walked towards me and stood in front of me.

"Dad please", Theo pleaded.

I sighed heavily. I took in a ragged breath and prepared myself.

As much as I hate seeing my kids hurt they won't let this go and they also kinda deserve to know.

"I spoke to Massimo just now", I started.

They nod slowly.

"We had the talk we wanted to. Everything was fine till then. He agreed immediately. He wants his daughter like we planned", I said softly.

Chase smiled happily. Theo nods.

"That's good then", Theo said with a bit of confusion.

"It is, but then he said something that just- , I sigh shaking my head.

Fuck this hurts.

"What is it Dad?", Theo asked gently.

"He told me he was enraged when we took back our mafia and so he...he tortured Jamie", I whispered the last part as tears once again blurred my vision.