(60) Goodbyes

(Not edited)

-A week later-

"Ah this feels so good. It's been a while since it's just been the three of us", Landon sighed in content.

"Facts", Leah smiled, leaning on the bark of the tree.

Owen glanced at the drills taking place on schedule from afar sitting under their favourite tree, the three's designated hangout spot inside the base.

"I'm getting a good night sleep for days now. After all the drama and chaos, this feels like a gift", Landon grinned.

"Don't jinx it idiot", Leah scoffs. "Besides I'm surprised you get 'a good night' sleep. My brother even let's you sleep? Damn you must finish fast."

"Oh shut up you pig!", Landon smacks her causing her to break into a laugh.

Owen barely paying attention to both of their conversation could now hear Shane and Kate shouting commands to the recruits in between drills.

"If you must know Dean and I are taking it slow. We just stared dating and I like how we are going. The pacing is the best", Landon said smugly.

Leah narrowed down her eyes on him. "Just admit it. You're nervous to take that step."

"No I'm not!", Landon abruptly denies.

"Sure. And my ass is on fire", Leah shrugs twisting her body and eyeing her behind to check apparently. "No that's right. Your ass is on fire for being a big fat liar and also...well not getting some attending down there too."

Landon gawked at her for a few seconds before he sat up and attacked her causing both of them to fall down on the ground, with Leah tasting the grass.

"You! Are! Such! A! Shameless! Human!", Landon smacks her at each word with his shoe.

"Doesn't change the facts!", Leah laughs while covering her face from the attacks.

Landon got off her rolling his eyes and layed back down on the grass under the shadow of the tree.

"You gotta be shameless too Lan. Be a confident shameless man and see what happens. Dean will worship you and then his ass will be on fire. You know why? Because he's never done this before and you have an upper hand at seducing him", Leah smirked.

"Can we not talk about this? I'm not about to get advice from my boyfriend's sister on our sex life alright!", Landon frowned.

Leah gasped dramatically. "Seriously? Now I'm titled as the boyfriend's sister? I thought I was your best friend first?"

"I didn't mean that", Landon said with a small frown.

"But you said it. No explanations required. I know Dean's more important to you now. Wow this is classic. A guy between two best friends", Leah fake sniffed.

Landon frowned in concern. One glance at his face and Leah couldn't pretend anymore. She falls over laughing loudly.

"Oh man Lan! It's too easy to get you!", Leah laughs.

"Oh you-", Landon grit angrily. "Owen please stop her! She's irritating me!"

Owen who still didn't seem to be paying attention to either of them was staring at the field.

"Owen? Owen!", Landon calls him twice to gain his attention.

Owen snaps out and blinks repeatedly before looking at those two. Leah also had sobered up seeing him.

"You okay?", Landon asked.

"Yeah", Owen smiled.

"Really? Cause we've been here for almost half hour now and you haven't said a word let alone pay attention to me almost making Lan rip his own hair off in frustration", Leah raised an eyebrow.