(19) Caught

David's POV:

I stopped right outside the gates of the Kingston mansion.

This place seems so familiar now. I mean I have spent a lot of time here. We had fun when we were kids.

Then we grew up.

I'm here to speak to these guys and try to know about what the actual fuck is going on.

I ain't leaving this place without meeting atleast one of the Kingston brothers.

I continue to drive in, but was stopped at the gate by the guard. He walks to me.

"Who are you and what's your purpose of coming here?", The guard speaks sternly.

"I'm here to visit an old friend, Rowan", I said with a smile.

"Old friend? Really", The guard looks at me with disbelief.

What the hell is his problem?

I mean I know he's doing his job, but why be mean.

"Yes", I said with a tight smile.

"Wait here", The guard rolled his eyes and pulled out some walkie thing.

He walked to the side and spoke on it.

I sighed heavily. This is already going to be different and I'm trying but failing at calming my nerves.

"Get out", The guard said suddenly.

I looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"Excuse me?", I glare at him.

"Get out of the car", The guard said monotonously.

"Why?", I asked frowning.

"I need to do a security check", The guard replied.

I was shocked. I mean I get that this family is rich and all, but this is..weird?

I remember when we were in school there used to be tons of security here, but I never got checked like this.

Because you were a kid idiot!

I sighed as I got out of my car. The guard used a machine to check like the ones at malls and airport.

"Clean? May I now?", I said with attitude pointing at the house.

"Yes sir", The guard gave me a tight smile.

"Did you check my shoes? I might have a knife hidden there", I shrugged with a smile.

Tried and failed to be funny.

"Oh trust me I would know if you had anything dangerous hidden there", The guard grinned with a look I didn't understand.

I looked at him for a second and turned to leave when he stopped me.

"Also one piece of advice", The guard said stopping me.

"Yeah?", I looked at him.

"If you ever come here again I suggest don't joke about security here. It's not a good idea", The guard smiled softly.

I look at him weirdly. It almost seemed like there is some hidden meaning to what he said.

"Okay?", I said in confusion and got inside my car.

Why am I meeting more and more weird people these days?

I drove past the open gates then to the huge driveway and circled the fountain in the middle of it and parked in front of the front doors.