(44) Talk

Third's POV:

David slowly walks up to the bed and gently settled on it. His elbows resting on his knees with a calm look fixed on his face.

Leah stared at him in shock still not over the fact that he actually came to see her.

"Come on", David gestures her to come sit next to him.

She snapped out and immediately went to him and sat on the bed.

David sighs. "So let's start with your no eating policy. Why are you not eating? Don't tell me you're on a diet", He joked.

One thing David had realised that if he had to make her stop being sad and keep living normally then he has to himself act a little normal.

Leah cracked a smile. "I'm not insane. Food is life Dad."

"Exactly. So why did I hear that you're not eating properly?", He asked.

Leah looks down in her lap. "Just.. couldn't eat much. Didn't feel like", She answered softly.

David hummed. "So you're planning to get ill? I wonder why? Ditching school maybe?", He guessed with a small smile.

Leah smiled. "What do you think?"

"I think you're feeling guilty. That's why you're behaving like this", David said seriously.

Leah's lips parted. She looked down not able to meet his eyes.

"Leah if you keep doing this..not eating, not leaving your room and crying most of the time, your health will deteriorate", David said softly.

"Life is not always easy to deal with. Sometimes you have situations at hand that seem too difficult to handle and that's okay. Happens to everyone. I had an impression that you're a strong girl", David said looking at her.

"I am", Leah said almost pouting.

"Then why are you doing this?", David asked.

Leah had no one answer to that question. She really didn't have words to fully speak her mind.

"Dad I didn't choose my job over you and Grace", Leah said lowly raising her head to look at him.

David takes a deep breath looking ahead.

"I really didn't. You gave me a choice and I just didn't to make one without explaining you about many things. I wanted to talk about all of it first. I could never choose anything over you", Leah explains.

"I just remained silent but I didn't think it'll seem like I've made a choice. I really didn't think so", She added.

David exhales. "I'm not here to talk about all that Leah. It's good to know you didn't choose, but right now I don't have the strength to talk it all out. I'm just here because I heard you're not doing well."

Leah bit her lip fidgeting with her fingers.

After a long minute David sighs deeply. "Kiddo it's alright. Don't worry yourself about so many things. It's not good. Just..give it time okay?", He said with a small smile.

Leah looks at him tears forming in her eyes. She smiled nodding.

"I hope you understand this is not easy for me too. I'm trying to do something about it but it's just been a day right? So just give it more time", David assured her.

"Yeah", Leah nods sighing.

David stood up and turned to face her. He put out his hands with a light smile and Leah immediately moved to hug him.

David put his arms around his daughter and leaned down and kissed the top of her head. The relief he felt while doing so was something else.

"We're still family. We still love you alright?", David whispered softly.