(36) Mason's story

The tension was heavy.

The mafia members had a great deal of shock to endure after the announcement Mason just made.

"Is it true?", Eric asked from the crowd with a small frown.

Leah takes a deep breath knowing there's no point of denying now. Can't hide it anymore. Frankly don't have a reason to do so as well.

"Boss?", Steve asked slowly looking at Rowan, Sebastian and then Weston.

Mason sighs dramatically as he stood there enjoying the awkwardness.

Sebastian decided to go for it. He anyway wanted everyone to know sooner or later that he has a daughter. "Yes it's true. Leah's my kid", He admitted.

The shock was so the same on every single face in the crowd that it was hard not to just run away and not face the spot light.

"But- wha-?", Sam stammered in disbelief.

Leah was not looking at any of them. All these people were her friends so the fact that she and the others hid this from them was scary enough for her let alone look at their face.

"Guys we understand you have a lot of questions and I assure you we'll tell you guys everything, but just give us some time please?", Weston asked gently.

The crowd murmured among themselves.

"Of course sir. I'm sure you have pressing matters to attend to", Landon said immediately trying to help them.

The crowd then glanced at Mason and they all seemed to understand the priority now.

"Thanks for understanding guys. You all should get back to your work", Weston said.

The crowd slowly dispersed away.

"Permission to shoot this motherfucker?", Leah asked seriously.

"Leah!", Sebastian looks at her with a very stern face.

"Fine", She groans. "Please?", She asked making a polite face.

That would have been funny if the situation wasn't so serious.

"David will know about today's non stop cussing. You just wait", Sebastian warned her lowly.

Leah's eyes went wide. She knew she will be in trouble if that happens. She shut up after that.

Everyone then walks towards Rowan's office for some privacy and everyone's eye was on Mason ready to pounce on him if he as much as moved a finger in the wrong direction.

"So speak", Rowan demanded.

Mason took a seat on the chair and look at them. Everyone else were standing there looking at him with a serious face.

"50 million dollars. I will let the kid go", Mason said seriously.

"Why should we trust you? What if you take the money, save your ass and escape?", Dean said.

"I don't think you have much of a choice here. You keep wasting the time for now, but he prepared to face the consequences later", Mason shrugged.

Everyone glared at him. The situation was really not in their hand. Whether or not they wish to, they have no choice.

Without another word Rowan goes to his table to write a check of 50 million as demanded because as much as he wanted to talk to Mason about his sudden change of behaviour he was more worried about George's life.

"I can't believe this. To think that there was a time we had the most loyal friends is just disappointing", Rowan couldn't help but pass a snide comment as he was hunched over his desk.