(15) First Day

Leah's POV:

Today was going to my first day back.

I have been given a leave for a week the day we returned. I had gone to the meeting and after that I had another four days to rest.

My hand injury was better now. It didn't hurt unless I press on it.

I was getting ready in my room. I wore my usual jeans and a comfortable top.

I had no mission today so I didn't need my gear and my gym clothes are there in my bag if I decide to train today, which I mostly will have to.

Once I was done I headed downstairs. Dad and Grace had left early in the morning like they told me they will so the house was empty.

I grabbed my bag and left my house locking the door behind me.

I walked to my garage for my ride. I got on my bike and put my helmet on and drove out of the gates.

Just when I was out something ran in front of me and I pull my brakes the right second.

What the fuck?

I didn't even have to remove my helmet to check what it was. I heard it's bark and my jaw clenched.

I pull my helmet over my head and glanced at the menace. Mrs Altman's dog was barking his lungs off at me.

"Oh look who it is, Mr I'll bark at whoever I want", I grit my teeth.

The small yet fiesty dog barked louder.

"You wish to die or what? Not that I mind, but still. This is a vehicle that can flatten your skin dude. What's in your mind?", I glare at the dog.

He kept barking aggressively.

"Barky! Oh my barky!", Mrs Altman suddenly came rushing out of her house.

Yup his name is barky. No comments. Respect the old lady.

Barky here decided to immediately stop barking. This brat!

"Ah so this was your plan huh? Make her blast at me", I whisper shouted at the dog.

He merely licked his nose. My neighbour quickly picks him and examines him from head to toe.

"You little girl! Where you trying to kill my precious barky?!", Mrs Altman glared at me.

Yeah sure.

She crushed the dog between her hand and body making him squirm. I smiled evilly looking at the little trouble maker. Serves you right buddy.

"Oh Mrs Altman, you know I wouldn't do that. He's a dev- I mean angel. I wasn't trying to kill him. He was", I gave her a tight smile.

"Oh really?", She narrowed down her eyes at me.

"Yes! You should take him to a therapist. I think he just attempted suicide. He just ran in front of my bike", I said dramatically.

"What?", She gave a ridiculous look.

"Yup. Believe me he's just tired of your Pussy, the cat", I said sighing deeply.

Again don't ask. Respect the old lady.

"No! Barky and Pussy are best of friends", She refutes immediately.

"Hmm I don't know. I think it's because you give her more attention than him and he's just feeling lonely", I said dramatically cooing at the dog.

She thought it over for a second.

"Take my suggestion put him on a leash. Even pussy", I grinned wide.