Episode 36

"His Mom"

"His Mom"

After hearing her announcement, a frown came to his face.

His grip on the phone tightened as well.

"Lis, you don't have to put yourself into this" he said but the girl on the phone was oblivious at the sudden change of his tone.

She said in a voice full of excitement,"Come at my residence, quick! I'll show you the details regarding lawyer Oh! See yah!"

And with that, the phone call ended.

Jungkook immediately took a shower and grabbed his keys as he marched outside.

In just half an hour, Jungkook immediately arrived at the Manoban Residence.

The huge gates with the initial 'M' opened as soon as Jungkook's car came.

When he got inside, he saw a familiar face of a man waiting for him. This man is no other than Lisa's personal bodyguard, Park Jimin. Jungkook remembered him because the last time that he trespassed in the Manoban Residence after finding out that Lisa was sick, this Jimin guy was the one who let him in.

The man shorter than him said,"Miss Lisa is already waiting at the dining table, please follow me"

Jungkook followed the man with a stoic face. When he set his foot inside, his eyes landed at the unrealistic girl sitting at the dining table.

Lisa waved at him to sit and said,"Eat first! Grandma Lin, one of my favorite servant here cooked today's breakfast! Come have a taste!"

While eating breakfast, the atmosphere was somewhat heavy, but of course, Lisa didn't noticed it. After polishing their plates, Grandma Lin and the others came forward as they clean the table up.

Lisa took Jungkook's hand as she led him to the couch in their huge living room. Ones their seated, she immediately handed him a folder.

"I asked Mr. Park, the man outside who received you, to gather this datas regarding Lawyer Oh. I'm sure you'll love it!"

"Lis, I can't accept this" Jungkook said gloomily.

"No. Don't be too filial! Just accept my offer. As a girlfriend, I can't just watch my mother in law to be placed to custody without doing anything!" Lisa said as she pushed the folder to Jungkook's hands.

"No, you don't understand-"

"Let's help your mom to justice okay?"

"Lis, this-"

"Just accept it. I know you still held a little grudge for what she did back then and I understand that, but we can't just let injustice ness trample over your mothe-"

"LISA!!"

Lisa immediately looked straight into his eyes. Her voice was nowhere to be found.

"Lisa, I don't want to help my mother not because I feel some hatred towards her. It's because defending her is like defending a murderer!"

Lisa still can't grasp anything. He touched his temple as he did his best to compose his self back. He then continued,"When we heard that my mother is facing a case right now, I immediately searched for the details and evidences because I wanted to help her. But in the end, all I found was my mother's car hitting a man and leaving it there without even looking back as if what they only hit was a garbage bin and not a human"

Lisa looked down after hearing his words.

He did want to help his mother, but after knowing the truth, he can't push his self to do so. He cannot help his mom for what she did was wrong. It was indeed a hit and run case! Clear as daylight!

"But... she's still your mother. Everyone deserves a second chance" Lisa said as she finally looked straight at him in the eyes.

Jungkook was taken aback after seeing the girl's red eyes. Guilt ran through his veins as he look at the pitiful stare of the girl across him.

He felt bad for getting angry. He knew that she just wanted to help him out.

He doesn't want to help his mother, but if she insists to...

Jungkook stood up and approached the girl across him. He sat beside her and says,"Okay. Don't cry. I'm at fault. Sorry"

He hugged Lisa as he let her bury her head at his chest.

The tears that was threatening to fall from her eyes were immediately suited by Jungkook's soft voice of saying "Sorry" and his hand that was stroking her back gently.

After a little while, he asked,"When will the lawyer discuss the details?"

"Later at lunch" Lisa said, still hugging Jungkook like a koala.

"Mm. I'll contact Sungmin about and let Mrs. Lee come later" with that, they stayed in that position for an hour as they talked about other stuffs.

Meanwhile, at the residence of Lee family, Sungmin is currently giving his cousin a lecture when his phone suddenly rang.

After listening for a quite while, he only said,"Sure. I'll bring mom later"

He then hung up.

"What was that about" the man beside him asked. This man was no other than Lee Seojun, his cousin who ran away with his mother's money.

"I just found help" Sungmin said as his mouth tilted up a bit. He then glanced back at Seojun and said,"Do 10 more push ups"

Seojun could only grumble inwardly as he follows his commands because no matter where you look at it, he was at fault. His cousin giving him this childish punishment is already a sign of Sungmin being filial to him.

At noon, Lawyer Oh sat at the coffee shop side by side with his secretary.

"Mr. Oh, who is this Kang Lisa exactly, that you agreed to her request in an instant?" Secretary Yin asked.

"She's a close friend of my son Sehun. They've known each other since they started to learn walking. In all honesty, I regarded her as my soon to be daughter in law" Mr. Oh said proudly. Secretary Yin turned his head to look at his boss and asked,"How are you so confident about it Mr. Oh?"

"Just because" Mr. Oh shrugged. And then after that, the door of the cafe rang indicating that someone came inside.

When both men in suit turned to look around, they saw a youthful and beautiful girl approaching them with a warm smile etched on her face. Behind her was a tall man that looks as if he just came out of the freezer. His facial expression was blank but his eyes are so cold. They're spines immediately stiffened upon getting an eye contact from the man.

Who was this ice monster?!

•••
It's 2022 now guys!

A new year for a new beginning!
Let's all set new goals for us to reach and achieve for this year.

Never give up at every problems that will be thrown at you. Just think about it, you are able to live so many years till now. A single problem will never bring you down! Problems are just problems, but you are the strength that will overcome every obstacle.

In every problem comes a solution. You just have to be patient in looking for that solution.

You are not alone and you will never be.

There will always be that one person who knows how you feel~

Let's welcome 2022 positively and show everyone our stronger version!

Love you guys so so much! Stay positive! Byeee~