Episode 71

"Smart Rivalry"

"Smart Rivalry"

The banquet went smoothly. After dining, Sungmin and Lisa was surrounded by influencial elites as they all bombarded them with questions like how they met, and how he fell in love with Lisa. After a little while, Lisa's jaw grew tired from smiling too much.

Lisa excused herself to give her self some air, leaving Sungmin alone on the mob of gossiping elites.

Lisa went outside the garden to take a breath and to also give herself some time to think. All she wanted right now, is peace.

As Lisa looked at the beautiful night sky, someone suddenly spoke from behind her.

"What are you doing here?"

She turned around, only to see Jungkook, standing in his almighty suit. He's still as handsome as he is since the moment she saw him.

He walked closer to Lisa as he took off his coat.

"You would get a cold if you stay outside for too long, especially with your so little clothing" he said as he draped his coat around Lisa.

Lisa looked at him silently, clearly at loss for words.

As the moonlight cascaded towards them, their image together created a beautiful harmonic picture, as if it's a book cover.

She stared at him with questioning gaze. He stared at her with eyes of admiration.

After a long silence, Lisa spoke with slightly flushed cheeks.

"Jungkook, why are you being so caring towards me?"

"Because I treat you as my friend" he answered lightly as he now shifted his gaze towards the moon.

"Oh"

If Jungkook would keep on treating her like this, then it would only be difficult for her to move on from him. All of her hardwork in building her walls would only come to waste.

"Jungkook, you're going to marry soon. You will have a wife. Having a friend with an opposite sex won't look good. Not only on the eyes of many, but also in the eyes of your wife. You wouldn't want to hurt her won't you?"

"So?" He flatly replied.

"I want you to stay away from me. Let's give each other the space. I'm doing this not only for my image, but also for your harmonious relationship in the future"

Silence.

After a little while.

"Lisa?"

"Yes?"

He looked at her once again. "If you could defeat me academically. Then, I'll stay away from you. I would leave you and treat you like a normal classmate."