Episode 70

"Date"

"Date"

When Lisa entered her office, she saw Sungmin sitting at her chair like a boss with his feet up on her desk.

She crossed her arms as she looked at him with scrutinizing gaze.

Sungmin laughed before saying "Fine, fine. I'll stand up now haha."

"What are you doing here anyways?" Lisa asked as she walked towards him, giving him a small hug.

"Well I guess I'm fine thank you" Sungmin replied. Lisa punched him playfully on his chest before both of them sat down at the chair opposite to each other.

"Long time no see you butt head" Lisa said with a genuine smile. Sungmin smiled back.

"Lisa"

"Mmm?"

"I want you to come with me"

Lisa raised her brows. "And why is that so?"

"I just...I actually needed your help" he said as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Help on what?"

"There's a banquet that I have to attend and...I want you to be my date there" his face turning red in a subtle way, so subtle that it won't even be noticed by anyone.

Silence. He gulped so hard. His palms are sweating. His knees are racking. This...her response to his request is a lot more scarier than the thugs that tries to kill him.

When she was still not talking, he slowly looked up with palpitating heart. He looked like a guilty puppy right now.

When their eyes met, she finally spoke,"Sure"

That lit up his mood. His eyes became bright and his boxy smile showed up.

"Come" he said before dragging Lisa with him.

Inside Sungmin's car...

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"To my cousin's place, she will help with all the preparations including your makeup and hair"

When they arrived at the said place, Lisa felt as if she's living in the Yin dynasty once again. The mansion made out of oak wood is divided into three sections. First, the winter imperial which is located at the back of the main gates, next is the autum imperial which is located at the right side of the garden and last is the Main Imperial which is the biggest shikumen in the whole area. It is designed fully inspired by the traditional Chinese culture of harem.