ARC 3.11

Edgard kept his provoking smirk as he made his way towards Damien and sat beside his table.

Damien stuffed the spoonful of crème brulee he scooped earlier into his mouth, but he couldn't enjoy the refreshing sweetness of the dessert, all thanks to the person who was sitting beside him. 

'Sister Riza!' Edgard called.

'Oh, pretty boy! You are here! Usuals, right?'

'I had some work, that's why I was a bit late today and yeah, please give me the usual.' Saying so he smiled politely.

'Alright, I will be right back with your orders!' Riza went away while looking forward to the drama that's gonna happen between the two rivals.

Damien couldn't help but frown when he saw how Edgard talked so casually with the cafe workers, from his reports he knew that Clara was close with her co-workers in the cafe. 

(Would Clara also behave this friendly with him?) Damien frowned more deeply at his thoughts. He didn't know why he was so against the thought of Clara spending her time with Edgard or any other boy for a matter of fact.

Suddenly he thought how amazing it would be if he was the only one that gets to spend time with her, the only one to see her laugh, the only one to see her delicate tears, the only one to kiss her.......!!!!!

Surprised by his thoughts Damien finally realized that he had fallen for the young girl he had only seen a day before. He didn't hate the thought of falling in love with her, in fact, his heart was beating fast in anticipation to make her his. A light chuckle left his mouth as he shook his head to calm down.

Edgard saw this action and tightened his fist.

'Calm down, you can't mess up again. Even if you hate him you have to stay calm. Remember you are here to make amends not take revenge.' Edgard told himself.

Damien who finished his tea and dessert, was waiting for his bill to pay. He saw Clara coming towards him and felt anxious. He had forgotten about Edgard due to his sudden realization, but now seeing Clara making her way towards him he was worried about them interacting.

'Damien, your bill's on me. Just take it as a token of apology for my rude behavior yesterday.' Clara smiled warmly at him. 

'N-No No, how can I let you do that? ' Damien replied flustered.

'My heart will be eaten by guilt, if you don't accept it. So please accept it.' 

'If you really want to do something, then you can accompany me to a walk rather than paying for my bill. Is that ok with you?' Damien asked eagerly to get her away from Edgard.

'If that works for you, then I'm fine with it.' Adria smiled brightly at him.

'Then will you wait for five minutes, I will inform my boss that I'm leaving early today.' 

'Sure. I will wait for you.' Damien replied feeling happy that he get to spend more time with his beloved.

As Adria was about to turn and leave, she heard a familiar yet annoying voice.

'My Paulo amare, Don't you think it's rude to ignore your best friend like this.' Edgard lowered the menu card he was holding and looked at Adria with a playful yet charming smile.

'Oh, Edgard I didn't see you there, as you can see I'm a bit busy now so I will talk to you later.' Adria clenched her fist wanting to just punch the hell out of him. She went away quickly to control her anger. She couldn't figure out why she hated this guy so much. 

'Excuse me....But I think it's quite audacious of you to call your friend your "little love" in Latin and from the looks of it, it's doesn't seem like Clara knows the meaning behind those words.' Damien spoke with discontent.

'And I think it's quite rude of you to eavesdrop on another person's conversation. You need to watch out for your manners before you correct others, don't you think so?' Edgard scoffed.

'Well, if you didn't talk so loudly maybe I wouldn't have 'eavesdropped' on your conversation. Tch....' 

'You-' Edgard stopped midway as he saw Adria coming their way.

'Damien! Thanks for waiting. Let's go.' Adria spoke.

'Sure.' Damien stood up and went with Adria. Of course, he didn't forget to return the smirk that Edgard gave him when he came inside the cafe.

'This bastard! He hasn't changed at all....Heh!' Edgard scoffed.

Damien and Adria slowly walked along the roadside by side. 

'You guys seem to be close friends?' Damien suddenly spoke.

'Huh? Oh! You are talking about Edgard aren't you?' 

'Hmm' Damien nodded his head. 

'Oh we are- (Ah! Is he jealous? Let me just tease him a bit...Hehe) Yes, we are really very close friends. To be honest, he is the first friend I got in high school.' Adria spoke admiringly to tease Damien.

'I-Is that so?' Damien's voice sounded disappointed.

'Hmmm yeah....But!' 

'But?'

'But...You are the first person that I feel comfortable being around, within a very quick period. Usually, I'm very introverted and I don't like talking to people much but strangely I feel at ease with you. I don't know why is that.' Adria spoke with a gentle smile adorning her lips as she walked beside the man. Her eyes were looking straight ahead and not looking at the man beside her as if she was just speaking whatever that was coming to her mind.

Damien could hear his own heartbeat increasing at the simple words of his girl.

'Haha....Looks like I can't escape anymore from this feeling.' Damien mumbled as he felt amazed by all the new emotions he was feeling.

'Hmmm, did you say something?' Adria asked.

Just then, a gentle breeze came, making the flower petals fall from the tree.

'Woah, Damien look! They are so beautiful.' Adria caught a falling petal in her hand and turned towards him smiling.

Damien took a moment to register this beautiful sight in his mind.

'It seems I really can't.' He mumbled again as he stared dazedly at Adria's smile.

A.N- Wanted to release a chapter on the last day of the year, so here I am! Advance Happy New Year my dear beloved readers. Not ranting anything today (Hehe).