ARC 2.5

Tonight's banquet was held to celebrate the birthday of Huang wang, the emperor of this empire. The original soul wasn't able to attend the banquet because she was sick during that time. She met the first prince during his visit to the duke's house the next day. He wanted to see the girl, who made his heart skip a beat. When he was waiting for her in the garden he saw a girl getting bullied as a prince obviously he couldn't stand it, so he confronted them. The girl he saved was none other than the poor cannon fodder, Cheng xiu. Thus she fell in love with the knight in shining armour who came to her rescue.

Adria got ready for the banquet and was about to open the door when it was suddenly pushed from outside. She quickly side stepped to avoid getting hit by the door. She looked at the person who opened the door so abruptly. When she saw it was her dear sister, the cold glint in her eyes got replaced by a warm look. She smiled lightly towards her.

'S-Sister, Good evening '

'Wow, Xiao xiu you look very pretty (♥ω♥*)'

Adria flushed red at the sudden comment.

'Sister, looks pretty too! ' She replied bashfully while looking at her admiringly.

Cheng qi could feel herself melting in those eyes. She pulled Adria into a bone crushing hug.

'Ahhh..... Xiao xiu at this rate I'm going to end up being a siscon'

**Host, isn't she already a siscon? **

*Shushhhhh!*

'S-Sister?'

'Ok, Let's get going Xiao xiu.' saying so she pulled her hand and lead her towards the entrance where three people were standing. Seeing Cheng qi coming this way a woman's voice sounded in the air.

'QiQi, Where did you go? We've been waiting for you dear. '

Though the words seemed like scolding her, the voice was very gentle without a hint of anger. Adria realised that this voice belonged to the real mother of this body, Feng lan.

'Ahhh.. Mi.. M-mother, I went to fetch xiao xiu to come with us' she replied. The uneasiness in her voice could be clearly heard.

*LIL, I think her soul was replaced recently, but is it possible?*

**Yes host, soul swapping can take place at anytime. It is not necessary that it must take place only during birth. Sometimes people's soul transmigrates into the novel world when they die in the real world....or when they desire strongly for something to happen in the novel, but to transmigrate because of this, their desire must be really strong to gain the attention of this world's god.**

*So, what you are saying is, the soul in Cheng qi is a transmigrated soul, not a reincarnated one, right? *

**Yes, host! **

Adria eyes flashed for a moment and when she was about to ask LIL about something she was interrupted by a voice.

'Xiao xiu?' it was the duke Cheng mo's voice.

'QiQi what do you mean?' This time it was the fake mother Feng li.

'Xiao xiu, come forward' Cheng qi called out to her gently while squeezing her hand a bit to assure her.

Everyone's attention turned towards the girl who was hiding behind Cheng qi.

Adria slowly came forward and greeted them.

'G-greetings father and mothers' she bowed gently.

Her gentle voice with her appearance made the three people fall into a trance especially Feng lan, since Adria was not malnourished now, she looked a lot like Feng lan.

Feng li was the first to come out of the trance, she glared at Adria. She didn't even tried to hide the disgust in her eyes.

'What do you think you are doing? Do you think you have the rights to hold QiQi"s hands ? ' she spoke harshly. Both Cheng mo and Feng lan was surprised by the coldness in her voice.

'I-I-I... -

'Oh my! If my sister don't have the rights to hold my hands then who else does? Besides who gave you the permission to talk before my father? Aren't you just a concubine? or do you assume yourself to be the madam of this house?'

Before Adria could say anything Cheng qi replied in a cold voice. Now it was time for Feng li to be surprised.

'Father, Mother. Me and Xiao xiu will ride in a different carriage. I want to spend some time with my beloved sister.' Cheng qi told them and walked towards a carriage without waiting for their reply.

Both Cheng mo and Feng lan didn't know how to act towards their daughter's weird change in character. She began to act distant with them after she got recovered from a terrible fever a few days ago. They didn't want to ask her about anything since they worried she might get sick again but now it seems like they should have a talk with her. They planned on doing it after they returned from the banquet. They sighed and went into the carriage.

Feng li stood there like a statue, unable to believe the words she heard. After a moment she came out of her stupor and thought that it must be because of Cheng xiu that Cheng qi said those words to her. Thinking this way, she believed that it was more acceptable and planned to teach a lesson to her after they returned from banquet tonight.

*LIL, did you saw that bitch's face..pffffttt hahahaha....Wow that was awesome!!!! My sister is very good in face slapping*

**Yes, host.**

Adria was bowing her head down inside the carriage so that others couldn't see the glee in her eyes. Seeing her bowing her head, Cheng qi misunderstood that she was affected by Feng li's words. She scolded Feng li a thousand times in her heart for making her dear sister sad. She slowly hugged her and patted her head. She could feel her stiffen at her touch. She raised her chin with her finger. Since Adria was trying her best to hold in the laughter, her eyes had tears in them. Once again Cheng qi misunderstood that and scolded Feng li in her heart.

'Xiao xiu, don't think much about that old lady's words. Sister will always take good care of you. So don't worry about other things, OK?'

Adria nodded her head slowly and hugged her.

'I know. Sister is the best!'

The rest of the journey they talked about trivial things. Soon, they reached the palace.

**Host, the main plot of the story starts now** LIL reminded her.

*I know.* as she said so, she stepped out of the carriage.