ARC 2.7

The banquet started as soon as the Emperor came. There were many delicacies for people to munch on and all sorts of entertainment for them to enjoy. Yet the people were only focused on one thing, the competition between the two ladies. One was the illegitimate daughter of the duke's house and the other was the first princess of this empire. They all witnessed the commotion which happened a few minutes ago. None tried to stop them, since it was a normal occurrence for people to compete with each other during a banquet, after all the banquet would be more entertaining with these competitions. Though they were eagerly waiting for the competition, they felt pity for Cheng xiu for provoking the first princess since they all know how cruel the first princess is. There were even some people who prayed for the first princess to lose in this competition.

Time passed on and soon it was the time for people to gift the emperor. At this time the first princess came forward and greeted the emperor. She told him about the competition and asked him to be the judge for it. Being an emperor he already knew about this before he even entered the banquet hall, so he was not surprised or shocked about this sudden request. He gave them his permission to conduct the competition.

Huang Zhu chose to compete with her guqin skills while Adria obviously chose her dancing skills. The rules of this competition was simple they would show off their skills and the emperor would judge whose skill was better. The time limit was a quarter shí chen (A.N- quarter shichen = half an hour).

Since they both chose different skills to compete with, they decided to compete at the same time. Huang Zhu was very proud in her guqin skills, so she started to play a complex song. At first it seemed like Adria would lose, since she was so tensed and her movements were very stiff but as the time went by, she got relaxed and every movement seemed so gentle. She looked like a descended lunar goddess, making everyone awestruck by her dance. When Huang Zhu saw that everyone was looking at Cheng xiu and not paying any attention towards her, she got irritated and begun to play a fast note. Unfortunately, the strings on her guqin broke due to her sharp nails. Still, no one paid any attention to her, everyone was mesmerised by Cheng Xiu's dance. Only after some time, people realized that there was no sound coming from the guqin and when they reluctantly turned their face to look at Huang Zhu, they were surprised to find that the strings on the guqin were broken.

The competition ended and there was no doubt in who the winner was. The Emperor was also very pleased with Cheng Xiu's dancing skills, so he gifted her with some treasures which also included a lunar pearl. All the officials were astonished by the gifts Cheng xiu received, cause they were all very expensive, specifically the lunar pearl. It was a bio luminescent pearl which was expensive and very rare to get. Everyone looked at the delicate girl, some eyes had admiration while some held jealousy and hatred. Some elder officials were pleased with her character, since she didn't act arrogant or mean like other noble girls would do when they are gifted by the imperial highness. Adria withdrew herself after thanking his majesty for the gifts.

Adria walked towards Cheng qi and hugged her.

'Jiejie, look , I won the competition.' She exclaimed in joy.

'Of course, I knew my Xiao Xiu would win the competition' Cheng qi pinched Adria's cheeks lightly. Adria just giggled softly.

Unknown to her, a pair of deep blue eyes stared at her fixedly without looking at anything else.

'Found you.' the owner of those deep blue eyes whispered lightly as he smirked lightly.

Adria got a chill go down her spine.

*Is someone cursing me?*

**I think it must be Huang Zhu who is cursing you.**

*That dog ( sighs) all she can do is only bark!!*

**Host, she still didn't receive her punishment. Aren't you worried that she may escape?**

*I didn't forget about that LIL. Right now, I'm just postponing it. Let her be happy for a few days, I will drag her down when she least expect it. Also, if I make a move against her, there is a chance of me getting on the bad side of the emperor. Even though it's clear that she is not favoured by his majesty, it is still a risk move to act against her.*

**Host, you are very intelligent!!**

*Isn't it obvious? (chuckles) oh, by the way, I want to purchase something. Open the system store*

**Yeahhh!! What are you going to purchase host?**

*I want the truth pill and a drug to make people aggressive*

**Host It costs 500 points for both the drugs. **

*Tch. Buy it.*

**Thanks for shopping, host.**

*Hmph, swindler system*

LIL opened it's mouth to argue but closed it again after remembering it's last argument with it's host. Suddenly it remembered about it's host purchase, it was eager to know what it's host was upto.

**Host, Host, Host!!!**

*Ugghhh, stop shouting LIL. I can hear you clearly*

**Uhmm, sorry host. I was excited.**

*(sighs) So what made you so excited?*

**Ahh, yes. What are you planning to do with those drugs, host?**

*Oh, these? Wait and see. Before this night is over I will complete a mission.* Adria smirked lightly while bowing her head.

* Adria smirked lightly while bowing her head

A.N- This is what a guqin looks like.