ARC 1.8

As soon as they entered the room, a pleasant lavender scent hit their nose. Jace slowly unfolded her blindfold. Her eyes fluttered open. As soon as she saw the scene before her eyes, she was soo surprised that she didn't even realise her mouth was agape. They were in a big balcony, in the middle a dinner table was set with candles lit on the table. There were many little candles lit all around the balcony. A pathway made of lavender was there beneath her feet, leading her to the table. As she was taking everything in, Jace held out his hand to her. She grabbed it out of instinct, but when she realised what she did,surprisingly she didn't want to take her hand back. (His hand is so warm) is what she thought. It would be a lie if she said she didn't like this.

He slowly led her towards the table. He was so anxious, he didn't know if she liked his arrangements or not. She walked on the lavender pathway as she was escorted by Jace. He makes her sit on the chair, then he goes to sit on the opposite chair. Their table and chair was setup in a way that it was facing the night sky. Adria kept silent because she didn't know what to do in this kind of situation. This was a first for her, in her previous life no one has made such a thing for her. Even though her family pampered her, they were always busy. Most of the time she was all alone, but she didn't make a fuss about it since she knew that her parents too, wished to be with her but they couldn't because of their work. So she didn't know how to react to this kind of a new and pleasant atmosphere. She could feel the atmosphere becoming slightly awkward. As if to lift the awkwardness a waiter came with a smoked stuffed squid starter and a light red wine to pair with it. They started to eat their dinner slowly. Adria couldn't help but get amazed at how delish the food was and the red wine after their food had a very soothing taste. This made her calm down and relaxed. Jace saw that she was finally relaxed.

He reached to hold her hand and seeing that she didn't reject it, he took a deep breath and spoke slowly,

'Ria, this may sound abrupt, but I fell in love with you the moment we met. At first I thought that it was just a fleeting interest but as days go by I realised that I have fell hard for you. Before I met you I didn't feel any emotions but with you by my side, I learned to love, when you speak with other men I can't help but feel jealous and angry, when you smile I feel happy....All these are new to me and I don't hate them...I want to experience more of these emotions with you till I die. I want to pamper you and protect you from every harm. I maybe successful in my business but without you I will be a failure in life. There is no one more precious than you in my life. I know you may not believe my words but I assure you with my life. Just give me a chance to adore you and love you . There are a lot of things I want to say to you but I don't know how to say them. This is how my heart feels whenever I see you..'saying this he pointed towards the sky....Adria who was in shock from the sudden confession from the male lead looked at the sky subconsciously. Out of nowhere, there were many fireworks exploding in the sky, painting the night sky . It looked as though there were many big flowers of different vibrant colours blooming, with the sky as the field. Adria was awed by its beauty. The sound of the fire crackers bursting was not so noisy instead it had a rhythmic ring to it.

'W-Woah!!' Adria exclaimed. Seeing her looking visibly surprised and awed, Jace smiled and held her hand. He looked into her peach eyes. Adria felt as though he wasn't gazing at her eyes but at her soul. She could feel the heat rising on her face. She wanted to look away but she couldn't look away from his deep eyes that seems to draw her soul. She already guessed what the male lead was trying to do when they entered the balcony, but she denied her thoughts till she heard those words from those lips of that man. She would be lying if she said she didn't like him even a bit. This was the most heartfelt confession she ever had and she could feel that this man was serious in loving her. BUT IS IT ALRIGHT? TO LOVE HIM BACK? AFTER ALL HE IS THE MALE LEAD OF A NOVEL. AFTER ALL.....HE IS NOTHING BUT A CHARACTER.....