ARC 2.4

Adria looked at Cheng qi with a shocked face. Cheng qi felt her heart melting when those teary obsidian eyes looked at her hazel eyes. Unknown to Adria, Cheng qi vowed in her heart to protect and pamper this little rabbit. She extended her hands towards Adria to help her up.

' (cough) Ahem...You are Cheng xiu right?' saying so she smiled brightly towards her.

'Y-Yes S-Sister'

Cheng qi looked at the girl before her, she was trembling from her head to toe. She felt pity for the poor girl. She took her hand and lead her towards the lotus gazebo. Till now Adria didn't speak a word. They both sat on the bench. Suddenly Cheng qi patted Adria's head, while gazing lovingly at her.

'Cheng xiu' She called out to her. Seeing the girl so stiff she giggled softly.

Meanwhile Adria was wondering what the hell was wrong with the heroine. She thought of a lot of reasons and concluded that this must be another case of soul swapping. She mentally sighed.

'You don't need to be so guarded against me, I, Cheng qi, will never harm you.' She smiled dotingly at Cheng xiu.

Tears rolled down Adria's cheeks suddenly. Cheng qi panicked at the sudden tears.

'Ahh..D-Don't cry...Dont cry...' She hugged Adria and rubbed her back to console her.

'T-Thank you, sister.'

*LIL, maybe the female lead is not so bad this time* Adria thought while smiling lightly.

**Yes host** LIL also liked this female lead. It could see that she was genuinely worried about it's host.

'Xiao xiu?' Cheng qi called out to her.

'X-Xiao xiu?' Adria showed a surprised face at the sudden nick name.

'Yaa..can I call you that?'

'Y-Yes, you can' Adria replied in a very quiet voice as a blush slowly covered her face.

'Ahhh xiao xiu you are soooo cute' she squealed as she hugged Adria tightly.

While she was cuddling Adria, she thought about how pitiful Cheng xiu's fate was.

(Why should this adorable girl have such a pitiful fate. (sighs) Since I was sent here, I will make sure she leads a happy life. Then, it is decided!!!)

Adria could feel the grip on her tighten. She became a little stiff. Cheng qi released her hold and looked towards Adria with determination.

'Xiao xiu, tonight at the banquet, I will make sure you shine the brightest! Now tell me, what you are good at...Quick, quick! '

Adria couldn't keep up with her sudden hyperness, it reminded her of a certain someone. Or to be accurate certain something.

**Achoo (Is someone thinking of me?)**

'T-That...I Don't think I'm good at anything' She bowed her head gloomily. Seeing her getting dejected, she quickly asked another question.

'Xiao xiu, don't worry about that.Everyone has a talent for something. It's just that they don't realise it. So, let me change the question. What do you like to do the most?'

'Ahmm..I-I like to d-dance b-but i-it's not that good'

'There! There you have it! That's your talent Xiao xiu.' She said enthusiastically, totally ignoring the latter part.

'B-B-But Sister..--

'No buts. Xiao xiu let's practice your dancing skills for tonight's banquet.'

Adria revealed a shocking face and was about to reject her but swallowed all her words when she saw the ' I'm not going to take no for an answer' look from her sister.

That afternoon Adria practiced her dancing skills with Cheng qi. To be honest, Cheng qi was totally awestruck by her dance. She was so graceful yet there was an air of delicacy around her which made her look like a goddess but at the same time she appeared so fragile making people think that she would vanish with a single touch.

Thanks to Cheng qi's supporting and cheering, Adria had a reason to change her character a bit. She began to smile a bit and had some self confidence in herself. Cheng qi also took notice of the lack of servants in Cheng xiu's court yard. She reminded herself to deal with them later. She made her own servants bring delicious foods from the kitchen for their lunch. When she saw Adria's eyes sparkling at the sight of food she laughed out loud unable to contain her laughter making the "shy" girl blush in embarrassment.

After eating, they looked through Adria's wardrobe to find her perfect clothes for tonight's banquet. She wanted Adria to make the first prince dumbstruck with her dancing skills and her beauty. Yes, She was planning on making the first prince fall for Cheng xiu at tonight's banquet. Cheng qi was surprised by the handful of dresses found in the wardrobe. Sighing she picked a light pink dress which looked pleasant to the eyes. Since there weren't any accessories that would go along with this dress, she lended some of her accessories to Cheng xiu. Of course, Adria rejected them at first but after some persuasion she ''reluctantly'' accepted them.

Cheng qi didn't leave her side till evening. They again practiced dancing after selecting the clothes for her. Adria felt tired. She didn't know that someone could be as active like Cheng qi. Since Cheng qi stayed with her till evening, she didn't had a chance to meet with her "mother".

She sighed and started getting ready for the banquet. She was looking forward for tonight. Afterall, she planned on finishing one of her missions tonight .