ARC 1.15

He began to panic, he went to Ria and tore his shirt and pressed on the wound to stop the bleeding. He didn't dare to put more pressure, since there is a chance that the bullet may go deeper. He patted her cheeks lightly.

'R-Ria, open your eyes....don't do this to me....pl-please open your eyes' Jace's voice wavered as though he was holding in his cry. Ria's eyes fluttered a little making Jace gain a little hope. He called to her softly. Ria opened her eyes slowly. She saw Jace's flustered face, LIL was also bawling inside her head.

'Nothing will happen to me, don't worry' she reassured both of them with a gentle smile on her face.Though she looked so pale, due to the blood she was losing. At the same time, the police came in and arrested those men. They called for the ambulance as soon as they saw Adria lying in a pool of blood.

*LIL, how is my condition? Is it critical?* Adria asked LIL.

**Yes host, you are losing a lot of blood and also the bullet is deep inside you. It will be hard for you to survive ** LIL started crying again as soon it ended it's talk.

*LIL, will the life giving pill could help me?* Adria asked in a tired voice , she could tell she was losing her consciousness. LIL was silent for moment, surprised by the sudden possibility of saving it's host life.

**H-Host, You Are Right....It Could Save Your Life...H-Host..Here Consume It Soon**

A golden pill appeared on her hand.She saw that Jace was watching her intently so to distract him she simply pointed to her towards something, Jace thought she was trying to show him something and turned his head to look where she was pointing at. Just as he turned she quickly took the pill . As soon as she consumed it, Adria let go of her consciousness. She fainted just when Jace turned back to look at her. Jace was scared to hell seeing Adria close her eyes. He quickly checked the pulse and saw that it was very feeble and slow. He quickly picked her up and went to his car not waiting for the ambulance anymore. He rushed to the hospital as fast as he can. He barged into the hospital and grabbed the nearby doctor to check on Ria. At first the doctor was scared by the rough actions of Jace but when he looked at the patient, he understood the seriousness of the issue. He quickly arranged for the surgery. It was already a miracle that the patient was able to survive in spite of losing so much blood.

Jace was restless outside the operating room. He already informed the Joannes family about Ria's condition. They are on their way to the hospital. His eyes were bloodshot when he thought about how Ria got into this life threatening situation because she tried to save him. He blamed himself for it. If he had paid more attention his Ria wouldn't be in this situation. He sweared to not leave anyone alive who was involved in the attack today. He called his secretary and started his work.

When Adria's family came, Jace didn't know how to face them. What could he even say? Drake walked towards Jace, seeing that his friend who always held his head high was bowing his head now with his fists clenched by his side, he couldn't help but sigh. He patted his back.

'Hey! W-What's with the long face? My sister is stronger than you think. She will recover soon.' He reassured both himself and Jace. Jace who was even ready to get hit was stunned by his friend's action. He felt guilt. Ashamed. Drake saw right through him. He knew why he was feeling that way. He held Jace's hand and dragged him to the balcony.

'If you are going to stay like this, I won't agree to Ria marrying you' Drake said as he put on an annoyed expression. Jace was surprised by his words.

'Y-You knew?'

'Of course, my baby sister wouldn't hide things from her dear brother, she was planning on telling my parents tonight so she asked for my help. Obviously I didn't agree to it at first, but she told me she would be happy with you and that she loves you a lot . I could see that she really cares for you. So be sure that you take good care of her, okay?' Drake said as he tried hard to control his tears, but Jace couldn't hold it in anymore. He started to sob silently, He thought of everything that Ria has said to him. She was always thinking about him. He promised that he would never let her get hurt anymore.

When he calmed down, he told Drake about what happened in his office. Drake and Jace joined hands together in finding the culprit. When they made all the necessary phone calls and had arranged everything, they went inside the hospital. They were still worried about Ria's condition. Just then, the doctor came out and told them that Ria was not in a critical condition anymore and that her life was saved, but she must be kept in the hospital to rest, since she had lost a lot of blood. They were all relieved to hear that Ria was out of danger. They were not allowed to see Ria for now, since they needed to allow her to get enough rest after the surgery. They could see her once she regained consciousness. Jace and Drake vowed that before Ria opened her eyes, they would make those people regret attacking her, they would make sure they live a life that was worse than death. They dared to mess with the wrong people, then let them face the consequences.

Adria who was peacefully sleeping inside didn't know that the fl, sml and the rival company are facing a terrible storm right now.