ARC : 2.21

The first concubine, Li Chao entered the East forest along with seven of her personal guards. She seemed anxious as she looked around the forest. 

'You came prepared, Imperial consort.' Huang ming spoke in a different voice from his hiding area. His voice echoed through the whole forest. Hearing this Li Chao's eyes flashed. 

'Of course, after spending all those years in the imperial palace, I know I can't let my guard down. But, I must say. You are quite daring to actually blackmail an imperial consort,don't you worry about the consequence of what will happen to you?' She spoke with an evil smirk on her face.

'You don't have to worry about me, Imperial consort. Now then, shall we discuss about more important matters?' He spoke nonchalantly. 

'We can begin our talk, when you show yourself to me.' 

'You gave me your word, Imperial consort!' saying so he covered his face with a mask and jumped out from his hiding spot leaving Adria behind.

**Host, do you think your hubby will be able to get the truth out of her?**

*Isn't it obvious? Who do you think my hubby is? This is an easy task for him, but I'm just annoyed that he took my job from me!! I was the one who was supposed to go and talk with her but he didn't allow me after he saw those pathetic guards of her. Thanks to them, my fun time ended before it could even start!!!* saying so she glared at those guards who felt a shiver go down their spine.

Huang ming stood in front of the imperial consort boldly without any fear making her sneer in disdain at him. He didn't even bow to her and held his head high.

'I wonder what family you came from, for you to be this disgraceful in your manners.' 

'As I have said before, you don't have to worry about me Imperial consort. So can we start talking, now that I am before you?' 

'Hahaha...Don't tell me, you actually believed we would be able to have a pleasant conversation. How did such a naive and stupid person like you was able to get his hands on my secrets? Anyway, I don't want to know about it, since you are going to die today. Guards, kill this guy and throw his body deep inside the forest to feed the animals.Ahh and don't kill him quickly, since he dared to mess with me, make sure he regrets ever crossing my path.' She smirked viciously as she gave her commands.

The guard who was near him went forward to capture huang ming, only to get stuck by an arrow on his chest. The other guards who were about to make a move stopped at the sudden attack. Li Chao's face paled at this.

'Y-You!' She pointed her finger at him in terror.

'Since you wanted to do this in the hard way, I will gladly grant your wish Imperial Consort. Unfortunately or fortunately I'm not as stupid or naive as you said. I already planned out things ahead to do if things didn't go my way. My people has surrounded this whole forest, so don't you dare try to do something funny.' He returned her cold smirk as he spoke, making her tremble in fear from his cold aura.

'W-Who A-are you?' She spoke as she tried to control her trembling.

'You don't need to know that Imperial Consort. You just have to tell me about somethings and you can return to your palace.'

'And if I don't?' She spoke in anger, gritting her teeth. As soon as those words fell out from her mouth, the guard who was nearest was shot dead by an arrow straight to his head.

'Aaahhhhhh' Li Chao fell to the ground as she looked in horror at the now-dead guard of her.

'I think you got the answer for your question.' He spoke in a cold tone. Li Chao stood up unsteadily.

'So tell me -  What are you planning to do by making the third prince rebel?'

Li Chao's face paled even more at his question.

'H-H-How...' 

'Was that a very hard question? Then how about this...Why did you drug the emperor and made the second concubine visit him?' 

'Y-You, I d-don't, don't know about what y-you're speaking!' She tried her best to hide her fear when speaking but her trembling body and stuttering speech gave her out.

'Drop your act, I could clearly tell you're lying. Besides, I have proof for all the shady things you have done. What do you think will happen, if the Emperor saw those evidences? ' He threatened her.

'W-What...N-No,I-Impossible.....I-It can't be...'

'Don't try to deceive yourself.....If you are not going to confess everything.....I would gladly ask the emperor to help me. What do you choose?'

'W-Why...Why are you doing this!!!!!' She screamed at him. Another guard was shot at her question.

'Don't answer my question with another question!! Or else you would be the next one who gets shot by the arrow.' His body emitted a dark killing aura as his voice rang out.

'Y-Yes!!!! It is m-me who drugged the emperor that night and had the second concubine visit him. I thought by doing this, I would be able to cause a rift between her and the Empress. I did succeed in my plan, since the Empress was disappointed at her but that didn't last for long. Seeing the second concubine beg for forgiveness the empress' heart begun to waver. So I tried everything in my power to keep them both apart. Due to that the Empress began to distance herself from second concubine when she became pregnant. So I tried to use second concubine to strike against the Empress but she didn't want to hurt her beloved friend. She still wanted to get her friendship back. I thought after sometime she would give up and side with me, but she didn't. I hated Iron for not becoming steel.' Her trembling voice slowly turned into a voice filled with hatred.

'So I gave up on her and tried other ways to hurt the empress. One day the second concubine found out about my plan to poison the empress in the banquet. She drank the poisoned wine herself when the empress didn't want to speak with her. She died miserably while the Empress became depressed since she indirectly let her friend to die. But thanks to her sacrifice, the palace became more guarded. I wasn't able to get anymore chance to kill the Empress.  That's why I changed my tactics, I adopted Huang mingli and turned the truth according to my will and made him hate the Empress and the crown prince. I had him plan a revolt against the emperor. I have made connections with some nobles to help my plan. Everything went how I planned it to be. But, I still don't know where the hell you came from and why you are doing this!!!' She yelled again while her eyes turned crazy.

'Just a few months and everything would turn out as I wanted it to be. I would become the mother of this country. Everyone will bow down to me and respect me. Hahaha....I will own this country. Hahahahaha' Her crazy laughter filled the entire forest.

'Detestable!' A voice sounded from behind her. The first concubine stunned by the voice, turned her head to look at the familiar face which held an unfamiliar expression.

'H-H-Huang mingli!?' She spoke with a ashen face. 

A.n- Hey my lovely readers, how are you all? Sorry for updating the story a biiiiiiiiiiiiit late. And very big thanks to every soul that wished me luck for my exams, it motivated me a lot.