Arc: 2.20

Adria returned to the Duke's house after accompanying the second concubine and Huang mingli to breakfast.  Adria was lying on her bed while thinking about her plan when a purple ball nudged her, she took it and placed it above her.

*What is it, Lil?*

**Host, are you sure about your plan? We don't even know if the first concubine is hiding something. What if your plan fails?**

*Don't worry, LIL. From your reports on her reaction after she read that letter, it is confirmed that she has something to do with the third concubine's death. We just have to lure her out. Let's see how long she can hide the truth.* Adria smirked.

LIL just jumped excitedly to show it's support  for her plan.

The sun begun to set. The second prince came to the duke's house since he promised Adria to accompany her to Dong Shulin. He lied to the duke saying that his mother wanted to see Adria again. Though the duke wanted to oppose the invite he couldn't do so, since it was disrespectful towards the third concubine. So, he gritted his teeth and gave his permission. Adria and Huang min shared a mischievous glance at their victory.

They were riding a carriage to get to their destination. 

'Min-ge, Are you not worried that I may have been wrong about the first concubine?' She asked curiously.

'I believe in my Xiu'er and I also feel that the first concubine is hiding something. Cause a year ago when I was investigating about a spy in the palace , I came across this information.' He sighed before continuing.

'It is indeed true that his majesty forced himself on second concubine but it was due to the schemes of the first concubine. She was the one who drugged His majesty and had the third concubine come to his chambers. The maid who witnessed all these confessed everything while I was investigating her in suspicion of her being the spy. Since I was busy during that time, I had her taken into my custody. If I remember correctly she must be working as a servant in my sky pavilion. I didn't tell you this before since I worried there might be spies in the palace.'

'What? But why did the first concubine did this? '

'I don't know. But with the things we found, I would say that the first concubine must be somehow connected to the second concubine's death.' He spoke with grim face.

'Or maybe she is the one who poisoned second concubine.' She frowned as she thought of the possibility. Huang min's face grew even darker, seeing this Adria quickly tried to lighten his mood.

'Or maybe not! Don't worry, Min-ge. We are just assuming things now, we might be wrong. Anyway we will find out the truth today.' She hugged him gently.

'Hmmm, You are right.' Huang min returned her hug but deep down he know way too well that there is high chance that their assumption was true. If it was true, he dare not imagine how broken his younger brother will be. Even though they are not close, he can't bear to see his brother get hurt.

The carriage came to a stop. It was at least a li before they reached their destination. (A.n- 1li- 500m) 

'Ming-ge,why did the carriage stop? We haven't reached our destination yet.' 

'Well, my little kitten. You can't leave any tracks that leads to you when your are doing things like this.' He whispered in her ear as he traced her blushing face with his finger.

'En, I understand Min-ge. So now we have to walk all the way to our destination?' 

'Who said anything about you walking?' He smirked as he lifted her in his arms.

'Ahhhhh!!!M-Min-ge!' She called out to him while hugging his neck tightly due to his sudden action. 

'Make sure you hold onto me tightly.' saying so, he leaped forward using his martial arts. They reached their destination in less than a minute. He looked at Adria with a proud look on his face. He expected she would be in awe to see his martial arts but to his surprise Adria's face was very pale. He was really shocked by how pale her face was. He quickly got her down and worriedly patted her back.

'M-Min-ge, never do things like this again without warning me. Also, the speed you used is inhumane, It's good that I was the one who experienced it. If it was others, they would have passed out midway. So, next time think before you act, Min-ge.' Adria spoke with a creepy smile on her pale face.

'Ah, En. I will remember that. ' He scratched his head in embarassment. He just wanted to show off his skills but he didn't think about it's consequences.

Huang min had already arranged everything for their plan, now they just had to wait for Huang mingli and the first concubine.

Huang min wore a black hanfu similar to the one that Adria was wearing that night since he planned on meeting Huang mingli in place of her.

Soon they saw Huang mingli making his way to the east side of the forest. They followed him.

'I'm here! Where are you? ' Huang mingli shouted.

Huang min jumped out from their hiding place and stood in front of him.

'B-Brother? W-what are you doing here? ' He spoke as he was shocked by the presence of Huang min.

'I'm the one who made you come here. ' He spoke in a confident tone.

'You-you mean that guy was one of your men? But-but why would you do something like that? I-I thought you as my brother yet why are you doing something like this? ' He yelled at him.

Huang min frowned.

'It's because you think of me as your brother, I'm doing these things. How many days are you still planning to live believing a lie! It's time you know about the truth. '

'Then do you know what that truth is? ' He spoke.

'I....No, I don't and that's why I will find it today. I don't want you to hate your eldest brother due to some fake things that people told you. Don't you want to know the truth too? ' He gazed at him with brotherly love as he patted him on his shoulders.

Huang mingli didn't refute nor agree with his words as he kept silent. Huang min was worried that he might backout in this last moment. He saw Huang mingli turning and walking away from him. He sighed in his heart, if he doesn't want to help him then he had no choice but to do it in his own way but to his surprise Huang mingli  who was walking away from him turned around and called out to him.

'Brother? Don't you want to check the surroundings before mother arrives? ' He spoke with a straight face without showing any emotions.

Huang mingli smiled a little and walked towards him.

Adria saw them both walking, from a tree branch. Huang min left her there as he went to talk with Huang mingli.

*Did he forget about me? How the hell am I supposed to get off this tree? * Adria freaked out inside her head.

**Host, don't worry! He wouldn't forget you, he will come back** LIL reassured it's host.

After a minute when they saw that there was no sign of him returning, Adria sighed and planned to purchase something from the system shop to help her get down when a woman clad in black leaped out from the nearest tree. She bowed down and introduced herself.

'Young miss, I'm here to accompany you to second prince.' she spoke in a formal tone.

'Oh, En.' Adria spoke.

The woman who was clad in black picked her up and jumped down the tree and went to the place where Huang min was hiding.

'You are here! Huang mingli is hiding on the opposite side and everything is set in place. Now, we just have to wait for the prey to fall in our trap. ' Huang min briefed her about everything as he dismissed the servant.

'I hope this goes well ' Adria spoke a bit nervously.

' It will! ' He held her hand assuringly.

Soon, the person they have been waiting for, walked into the forest with her guards.

A. N- Hope y'all doing good people. This week was soo damn tiring, still I somehow was able to finish today's chapter. I know the second arc is taking a bit long  to get over but please bear with me guys. Have a nice day✌❤.