ARC 2.11

Later that day, Adria woke up in her bed. She was in a daze for a moment when she woke up. Then, slowly she remembered the things that occured before she fainted. Tears gradually came rolling down her cheeks.

She remembered the promise her lover made before he died in the previous world.

" I'm sorry that I'm leaving you first, but I promise you I will find you in my next life and fall madly in love with you again. I love you, dear."

She started sobbing,

'You kept your promise! You came for me again!' Adria whispered while smiling and crying at the same time.

The purple ball which was worried for it's host, jumped into her arms and nestled closely.

**Host, LIL was really worried about you. I didn't expect, you would faint in surprise. ** 

*I'm sorry LIL for making you worry. I-I didn't expect I could see Jace again. I couldn't control my emotions at that time and that sudden outburst of my emotions has affected my body.* Adria spoke with a light smile while petting the system.

**Host, about your lover, I think he is not a normal soul**

*Why do you say so?*

**A normal soul can only reincarnate for a specific number of times after that it will be obliterated and transformed into energy. The number of times that a soul can reincarnate is the same, for both the soulmates. Your soul has already reached that specific amount and you won't be able to reincarnate again. It's the same for your soulmate. Last world, I thought his soul was given an extra chance because the God must have made some mistake and should have compensated him by reincarnating in the world where his soulmate was. But it seems like that's not the case. I'm also sure that he doesn't have any system like me along with him. So I don't know how he was able to follow you into this world. His soul must be really powerful, I think.**

*Well, it is to be expected, since he is MY soulmate.* Adria spoke with a look of pride on her face.

**(Her narcissistic side has came out again)** LIL sighed at it's host's narcissistic comment.

*Hey LIL do you think he remembers me from his last life?* Adria spoke, her voice filled with expectation.

**I don't think so, host. If his soul is reincarnated then chance of him remembering you is very low** 

*Is that so?* Adria had a dejected look on her face.

She shook her head to get rid of the negative feelings and composed herself.

*LIL, Tell me everything about my lover.* She spoke excitedly.

**He is the second prince of the empire, Huang min. He is famous for two things, host. For being a warlord and the next one is.....uhmmmm** LIL hesitated to speak about the next thing.

*What is it? Tell me!* seeing LIL hesitating Adria patted LIL, encouraging him to continue.

**Uhmmm, He is also known for being a playboy!** LIL spoke quickly in fear of angering it's host.

* What-did-you-say? * Adria spoke word by word while her body was covered with a malicious aura.

**H-H-Host, it's true he is very famous among ladies.**

*How dare he!!!! Seems like I should teach him a lesson too.* Adria smirked viciously.

Just as she was venting out her anger, a knock sounded.

'Xiuxiu? Are you awake?' Feng Lan's worried voice came from outside.

'Y-Yes, mother.' Adria got into her character swiftly.

Feng lan came inside, she was quite worried for this daughter of her's. She sat beside her and petted her head.

'Xiuxiu, how are you feeling? The doctor told us you fainted due to surprise. Is it really the reason?' 

'Ahhh I'm feeling good mother, sorry for making you worry.' Adria said in a light tone.

'Xiuxiu, don't be sorry. Mother should be the one who is sorry, we should have realised how shocking it must have been to you. Even we were surprised by the sudden engagement.' Feng lan's voice changed from concern to annoyed as she spoke about engagement.

'What do you mean mother?' 

'An imperial edict came earlier this morning, it said that you and the second prince are engaged from this moment. After some time, the second prince came to our house. Apparently, he wanted to greet his in-laws. Tch, what a pathetic excuse to see you.' 

Adria could clearly see how annoyed her mother was. She chuckled on the inside but put on an embarrassed expression on her face. She raised her head lightly and looked at her mother.

'M-mother is it true that the second prince is..is...a..uhmm...a..womaniser?'

Feng lan chuckled at her daughter's embarrassed yet curious look.

'Hmmm, he IS well known for being with a lot of women but I personally don't think he is such a loose person. Maybe they are all rumors? I don't know. Why don't you ask that question to the second prince himself, huh? 

'W-What? M-mother!' Adria whined at her mother's teasing.

They laughed together and then suddenly a servant came in.

'Madam, the duke asked for your presence'

'I will be there.' Feng lan dismissed the servant.

'Xiuxiu, mother will come and see you later, you take rest. Okay?' Saying so she kissed her forehead and went out.

Adria was feeling bored sitting inside the room. So she went to the Lotus gazebo. She was sitting there, when LIL notified her about something.

**Host, your lover is here.**

She casually looked all around her but couldn't find anyone.

*Where is he? Why couldn't I find him?* Adria spoke angrily.

**Host, If you could find him so easily, he wouldn't be a warlord. He is sitting on that willow tree which is opposite to the Gazebo. He can clearly see you, but you won't be able to see him. He is well hidden by the leaves.**

*That tree is across the pond, how can he see me from that far?*

Adria sighed internally.

*Seems like I must make him come out.* 

Adria stood up and walked towards the edge of the gazebo, suddenly she 'tripped' on her skirt and begun to fall towards the pond. When she was just an inch away from the pond, a rough hand held her waist and pulled her up. She found herself lying on a robust chest. She pushed herself away from the familiar hug.

Huang min looked at the now empty arms and felt dejected.

'Y-Your highness' Adria spoke surprised by his sudden presence.

'Call me Min ge!' He spoke dissatisfied by her way of calling him formally.

'W-what? Y-Your- I-I mean Min ge.' She changed her way of calling him when she saw him glaring at her.

'Min ge, what are you doing here?' She spoke shyly.

' I wanted to see my fiance, so I came, can't I ?' He spoke shamelessly.

'T-That's...uhmm...y-you can.' She spoke while her face dyed red.

He looked at her embarrassed face gently. He took the strand of hair that was blocking her face and placed it behind her ear.

'M-Min ge!!'

He chuckled at her whining.

*LIL, this guy!! No matter which body he is in, he look's smokin' hot when he laughs.* Adria spoke dreamily while enjoying her lover's laugh. Then she remembered about him being a playboy in this world. She sighed.

*I need to have a talk with this guy* Adria spoke as she could feel herself drowning in jealousy.

Huang min felt a chill go down his spine suddenly.