ARC 2.13

Adria looked at the girl, who was bawling her eyes out. She sighed. 

' Jiejie, what are you saying?' she spoke in a consoling manner.

' Mother and father told me about the engagement just now. They told me that an imperial edict came this morning. Ahhh, speaking of that, they told me you were engaged too? What should we do now Xiao xiu?'

'Jiejie stop panicking first. It is true I am engaged too. But why do you worry Jiejie? Do you already have someone you like?'

'No!! It's not that.'

'Then is it because you don't like the third prince?'

'NO! I like the third prince. Ahh- I-I-I mean I don't hate him' Her face grew a tint of red as she finished speaking.

'Then why are you worrying?'

'Xiao xiu, It's way too sudden!! and we are too young to get engaged. Also, what if something bad happens?' She spoke worriedly.

' Jiejie, we are not young anymore. We are already eighteen now. All the other ladies, gets engaged even earlier than us. And nothing bad is going to happen. So don't worry about such things.' Adria hugged her after encouraging her.

Cheng qi calmed down a bit after she hugged Adria. She sat beside Adria and started to speak.

' I'm sorry for making you worry Xiaoxiu, It's just everything really happened so fast and sudden. Before I could handle a trouble another comes up.' Cheng qi's voice quivered as she spoke with a distant look in her eyes.

Adria could guess the hidden meaning beneath her words.

(I think she is talking about her home. The home, where her soul came from.) Adria thought. She sympathised her since her situation is more or less the same. At least she had a way to return to her home but Cheng qi doesn't.

 'Don't worry sister. I know you can handle it.' She gave her a reassuring smile.

After that they talked for a bit. Cheng qi became very irritated when she knew that the second prince whom her Xiaoxiu was engaged to, was an infamous playboy. But before she could do anything in anger, Adria soothed her by explaining his situation. Though Cheng qi didn't believe her words at beginning since she thought her Xiaoxiu was getting fooled by a shady wolf, she kept her doubts aside when Xiaoxiu told her that she really loved the second prince. Cheng qi left Adria's place after talking with her.

*LIL, If we both are engaged to the other princes, then what is gonna happen to the hero of the story, the first prince. Huang Zhong?* 

**DING!!! HIDDEN MISSION - Find a partner for the ML ( 500 pts)**

*Should have kept my mouth shut!!* Adria facepalmed herself at dismay.

LIL didn't know if it should cry or laugh at this situation.

Days went by fast and now everyone in the empire knew about the engagement of the duke's daughters to the two princes. They didn't know if they should feel jealous or pity for the duke.

Though both of his daughters were engaged to royalty, one of them was well known for being a playboy and the other one was an unfavoured prince. At the end they couldn't bring themselves to feel jealous for him. They could only pity him for his and his daughter's misfortune.

But if they knew what both the princes are doing to please their fiancees, they would throw up blood. Especially the second prince, the scary expressionless man who won many wars for the empire would become a big dog at the sight of his fiancee. Now-a-days there was a new rumor about him.

" If you want to find the second prince, then go find his fiancee, Cheng xiu!" Nobody knew who started it but this rumor was spreading like a forest fire. Yet, people only thought that it was a fleeting interest and the second prince would go back to being a playboy in a few months.

Spring season begun with the trees blooming with flowers. The second prince visited the Duke's house early in the morning.

'Greetings, father-in-law.' He greeted the duke with his expressionless face.

'Greetings, second prince.' The duke smiled a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

Huang min's eyes flashed a moment.

'Father-in-law, I have already told you. You don't need to call me second prince, call me son-in-law.' He returned the same smile the duke gave him.

'HaHaHa...How can a lowly subject like me dare to call the second prince so casually. Also you didn't marry my daughter yet, SECOND PRINCE.' He emphasized the word Second prince while not changing the smile on his face.

'But I will soon marry her, FATHER-IN-LAW. So there is nothing wrong in calling me your SON-IN-LAW' The prince replied while emphasizing the words father-in-law and son-in-law.

They both were having a smile on their face but the atmosphere around them was really stressed. Luckily, the dangerous atmosphere was dispersed by the arrival of Adria.

'Oh, Min-ge what a surprise!! You are here too!?' 

Huang min showed a very bright smile towards Adria unlike the fake smile he had a moment before. 

'En.' He patted her head gently.

'Tch, What a two face!' The Duke murmured at his lowest voice possible. Suddenly the second prince turned and glared at him. Though it was only for a moment the duke was intimidated by it. Well, You can't underestimate a power of a man who fought numerous wars. If he was serious, he is capable of getting anyone to their knees with just his gaze. The only reason that he was not the crown prince is because, he was not interested in that position and so the first prince was given the position.

' Why are you here, Min-ge?' 

'I wanted to take you to the Cherry blossom garden. Since the spring has begun, the trees are filled with cherry blossoms. So I thought you would like to see that.' Huang min replied with a gentle smile.

'Ahh, I don't think Xiuxiu-'

'Yes, I would love to see them, Min-ge.' Adria spoke before her father could refuse.

'Let's go then.' Huang min smiled at her answer.

'Yes, Min-ge. Father I will be back before it gets dark.' 

'Ah-Y-Yes. Come home soon.' The duke patted his daughter's head lovingly.

'Don't worry, Father-in-law. I will take good care of my wife.' 

'M-Min-ge!!!' Adria rushed out not able to control her embarrassment.

Huang min chuckled at her cute reaction before turning to face his Father-in-law.

'Then I will take my leave, Father-in-law.' He turned and walked. Suddenly, He stopped on his tracks and turned. He looked deeply at the duke and smirked suddenly.

'Take care, FATHER-IN-LAW.' He stressed the word again.

'Why you--' The duke controlled himself before he spoke words that he shouldn't.

Huang min left the courtyard with satisfaction.

Adria who was watching everything with the help of LIL  could only laugh at her lover's action.

*He is the cutest devil, I have ever known, LIL.* Adria giggled .

**I think I know why he is your soulmate host.** LIL deadpanned.

*Hahaha* She laughed at LIL's remark.

*I think today will be a great day LIL* She spoke still laughing while she looked lovingly at the figure which was walking towards the carriage, his always expressionless face having a light smile.