ARC : 2.22

Huang Mingli stepped out from the darkness. The moonlight shone on him lightly, highlighting his lonely figure.

' All these time, you kept me feeding those lies, deceiving me and manipulating me. How much of a fool I was to believe in you and your lies?' He spoke with a self deprecating smile as his face grew darker every minute.

'To think I have been calling the woman who killed my real mother as mother all these days!' He clenched his hands hardly making his nails dig into his skin, drawing blood. There was no more self deprecating smile on his face, the only emotion in his face was pure anger. His eyes looked so cold like a sharp knife ready to pierce his enemies. Seeing such a Huang mingli, the first concubine was scared shitless.

'N-No, H-H-Huan-Huang M-Mi-Mingli , everything I told now was a lie.....T-They forced me to say those thing....Y-Yeah, Yeah...they forced me to come here, t-they threatened me to say these things....don't believe it....You know about mother, right?' She raised her hand to touch him only to get her hand slapped away harshly by Huang Mingli. He looked at her coldly and sneered at her.

'Still trying to lie, shameless!' He spoke gritting his teeth.

'No, N-No....Why don't you believe me....I-I'm your mother! You ungrateful brat!'

As soon as she said those words, a crisp sound ringed through the whole forest......Huang Mingli slapped her face with a strong force.

'DON'T YOU DARE CALL YOURSELF AS MY MOTHER.' The first concubine's cheek swelled due to the hit, she tasted blood in her mouth as she gazed at Huang mingli.

'You killed my mother and had me hate my mother's close friend, to whom she readily sacrificed her life. I have never seen such a despicable woman in my life. If not I want you to have a suffering death, I would have killed you right now!' Every word he spoke was laced with pure hatred and maliciousness. His words made her turn deadly pale. She fell to the ground once again as her legs gave out in fear.

'N-No, t-this w-was n-not supposed to happen.....N-no! Everything was going well.....N-No...N-no...this-this can't be h-happening....In a few months, I would have gotten everything I wished for....N-No..' She kept on muttering as she denied the reality. Seeing her in such a crazy state, Huang mingli's heart ached, afterall she was the woman he had called mother all those years. He closed eyes tightly as his heart ached from betrayal and sadness.

Huang min who stood aside waiting for Huang mingli to calm down, he called his guards to arrest the first concubine. First concubine, who saw them was startled.

'W-Who a-are y-you people?' She whispered in a shivering tone. Huang min removed his mask at her question making her freeze in her spot in fear.

'S-Second p-prince?' She spoke in a daze. He ignored her and went to his little brother.

'B-Brother.' Huang mingli spoke.

Huang min hugged him tightly. ' It's okay, don't worry.'

Huang mingli broke down in tears when he heard his brother's words. 'I'm sorry...I'm sorry brother.' Huang mingli spoke as he felt regret for his past behaviour.

' The one who truly deserves this is not me, it's your first brother.' He spoke in a stern tone with a light gentleness as he patted his brother's back stiffly.

'Do you think, brother will accept me after all the things I did behind his back. Even if he didn't, I wouldn't hate him after all even I don't think I will be able to forgive myself.' He spoke aggrieved.

'Well, we should ask our Elder brother first before you jump into conclusions. Don't you think so too elder brother?' He looked towards the tree which is located a bit away,as he spoke. A figure jumped down from the said tree and made it's way towards the two brothers.