ARC 2.8

People were making toast to each other as the banquet was nearing an end. Adria's eyes flashed a little.

*LIL, I want you to mix both the drugs in Feng li's drink.*

**Okay, Host**

The purple ball found Feng li talking trash about it's host to a concubine from another noble's house. It quietly mixed both the drugs on her drink and before returning it bumped harshly on Feng li's head as a payback for talking bad about it's host.

'Ahhhhh' Feng li screamed.

'Wh-What happened Feng li?' the poor concubine who was listening to Feng li's rambling was shocked by the sudden scream.

Feng li looked around her but found none. She thought she imagined it due to stress. She again blamed it all on Adria and downed the drink in her hand in one go, angrily. LIL returned back to it's host.

**Host, I finished the task you gave me** The purple ball bounced on her shoulder in joy.

*Yeah, Yeah. I saw everything, you mixing the drugs annnnnd you teaching her a lesson.*

Adria spoke with a meaningful smile on her face. LIL got a little embarrassed on getting caught by it's host. The purple ball turned a few shades of red. Adria chuckled internally seeing LIL get embarrassed.

Adria was waiting for the drugs to take effect. She saw that Feng li was looking at her with heated eyes. Soon, she saw Feng li walking towards her. She already guessed what is going to happen, she bowed her head down to hide her devilish smirk. Feng li reached Adria's side, she plastered an ugly sickening smile on her face. Adria got into her character as she started shivering at the sight of Feng li.

'Xiao xiu, what happened? Are you cold? Why are you shivering?' Feng li asked with a fake concern.

'N-N-N-No, m-m-mother.' Even her voice quivered as she replied, making Cheng qi and Huang Jing who was nearby to worry for her.

'Xiao xiu, mother wants to spend some time with you, can you accompany mother to go on a walk in the imperial garden?'

'E-En mother.' Cheng qi and Huang Jing could feel the reluctance in her voice.

Feng li went ahead without waiting for Adria to catch up, as if she couldn't bear to keep up her act anymore. Cheng qi and Huang jing approached Adria with a worried look. They couldn't interrupt Feng li because they were afraid they would cause a scene once again.

'Are you alright Xiao xiu?' Cheng qi spoke.

'En Jiejie. If you allow me, I'll take my leave now . I-I can't let mother wait for me.'

Cheng qi just hugged her when she saw her eyes were holding in the tears. Cheng qi really felt pity for her.

'Xiao xiu you don't have to worry. I will join with you after a few minutes, OK?'

'E-En, jiejie.' Adria nodded her head heavily as she showed a small smile.

Cheng qi patted her head gently. Adria excused herself and went to the garden. She saw that Feng li was standing turning her back towards her. She slowly approached her.

*LIL, I have a task for you. Make Feng lan and Duke Cheng mo to search for Cheng qi, when Cheng qi comes to the imperial garden for me and keep me updated on their movements from time to time. *

**Ok, host. **

'M-mother'

Feng li turned slowly and glared at Adria.

'Don't call me that. How dare you call me mother, you insolent bitch. Did you forget my teachings from last time? Should I teach you again? uhh?'

Adria mentally rolled her eyes since she knew that her teachings where nothing but beating and scolding her. She also remembered how she poured a hot tea on Cheng xiu's hand for calling her a mother. Cheng xiu was physically abused by her many times. Adria gritted her teeth, she wanted to pay back Feng li in hundred folds for what she did to Cheng xiu. Adria stopped trembling and stood in a relaxed pose.