6. Rookie Dinner.

She closed the door,
She hides behind the
face nobody knows
She feels her skin touch the floor.
She wants to fight, her eyes are tired,
Nobody's on her side
She wants to feel like she did before
She looks into her mirror, wishing
Someone could hear her, so loud
I need love, to hold me closer
in the night, just enough.

~Mirrors.
(By: Niall Horan.)

It has been almost a week since Krystal started working at Barnes and Rogers. She kept herself busy with her own assignments and helping her associates while planning the party. She booked Electric Lemon for the party.

She was on her way to Bucky's office holding a smile on her face because she was genuinely happy. She didn't speak to Brock or any of his family members in the past few days and her plaster was taken off, her wrist was almost healed and the cut on her face was also healed.

"Hey, Elena. Is Mr. Barnes free?" Krystal asked with a smile, holding his coffee in her hand since he always asks her to get him coffee.

"Yeah, you can go inside." She replied with a grin.
"Thanks." She said walking ahead.

Krystal pushed the door, walking in.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Barnes. Here is your coffee." Krystal said cheerfully which was odd for her considering she had never felt this happy in years.

"Thank you, Krystal. How may I help you?" He asked with just as much enthusiasm.

"You may not, sir. I'm just here to personally invite you to the party tonight. I have sent you the email regarding the same but I wanted to invite you personally." Krystal said, pressing her lips into a small smile.

"Thank you, Krystal. You look well." Bucky said, looking up at her.

"I feel well, sir. I haven't had to deal with my toxic fiance or his toxic family in days and I don't have any injury which doesn't happen very often, it feels good not to care about your body, you know, just walk freely not caring if you hit your hand or stumble your toe somewhere." Krystal said and Bucky suppressed a smile at her innocence. Krystal dropped her smile noticing what she had just said.

"That was over share. I'm so sorry, Mr. Barnes." She said crossing her hands over her lap, looking down. Bucky listened to every single word she said. Vision had already told him about Krystal's life and the violence she suffers and he was going do something about that tonight at the party. But seeing Krystal happy and chirpy, made Bucky feel better as well.

"Please, don't stop on my account. Share away." Bucky played along, tucking his thumb under his chin and putting his fingers over his lips with his elbow on the desk, looking at Krystal.

"No, sir. That was all and please forget I said anything." Krystal said, starting to panick if Brock would find out she had told this to Bucky, he'd get really mad.

"Whatever you say in between these walls, stays between these walls." Bucky said with a hint of mischief, getting back to his work before he was interrupted by Krystal.

He couldn't help but feel attracted to Krystal a little more everyday. Her presence was comforting for Bucky. He felt a need to protect her. He felt happier everytime Krystal was around for some reason. As if there were flowers blooming and mile breeze grazing his skin, whenever Krystal entered the room, but he couldn't act on those feelings without her permission.

He dreamt about her for 5 years. He couldn't remember how many times he thought of her when he was in bed with some other girl. How much he wanted to find her but the day he read the notice in the newspaper about her engagement to Brock Rumlow, he got his heart crushed. He never told this to anyone, not even Steve. And he regretted the day of the fest, if had shown a little patience and not had acted that roughly with her, their life would've been a lot different than it was right now.