53. Truth.

Say I wouldn't care if you walked away
But every time you're there
I'm begging you to stay
When you come close I just tremble
And every time, every time you go
It's like a knife that
cuts right through my soul
Only love, only love can hurt like this.

~Only Love Can Hurt Like This.
(By: Paloma Faith.)

|| Day Of The Alumni Gala. ||

Bucky's pov:

To say I'm beyond satisfied at this moment would be an understatement. Performing the sinful acts of pleasure with my sweetheart in the Dean's office, someone who I absolutely despised during my days here at Aurbundale Art School, was my teenage dream come true.

Walking down the stairs while Krystal went to the restroom, I stepped down on the ground with a small dark smile, smothering over my lips.

"Fancy seeing you here." This voice. I recognised this voice but snapped my head in it's direction hoping my recognition was wrong.

My jaw clenched when I saw Connie smiling at me with her head tilted.

"Hello, to the person I least wanted to see." I said in a deep voice, exhaling deeply and shoving my hands in my pockets.

"Aww–" Connie said, furrowing her brows and beaming at me. "Doesn't this place brings back memories? You know, you love me, Bucky." She said making me roll me eyes at her.

Taking a deep breath, "Delusional, much?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at her and she let out a chuckle.

"Lemme guess–" she said smiling up at me. "You didn't read the documents I hand delivered, did you?" She asked with a smirk and I took a deep breath as I hadn't actually read the documents.

"I don't want any association with you." I said, dropping my smile as her mere presence was infuriating me and I just wanted Krystal to come back as soon as possible.

"But you're gonna wanna associate with me on this one." She said with a smile over her lips. "You see, if you won't–" she stepped closer to me. "Your precious Krystal will be taken away from you for–" she furrowed her brows. "Let's say, years at a minimum." I could feel anger boiling up inside me.

"Why? What are in those documents?" I growled, glaring down at her.

Narrowing her eyes,"Tax frauds and permanent property thefts, committed under Krystal's name." She said with a smug face. 

"Okay–" I let out a soft chuckle. "Firstly, Krystal would never do that and secondly, how would you know about what she does?" I asked, tilting my head.

"I never said Krystal did it." Connie said, raising her brows. "I said, crimes committed under her name." She added, gradually.

Tightening my jaw, "And how did you find out about them?" I asked as I had a little idea on who could've done such things.

"Well, let's just say, you shouldn't piss off someone who has all your personal information." Connie said with a cocky grin just annoying me even more than she already had.

If there's anyone on this earth who could have all the things needed to commit those crimes, it's one's parents.

"Why should I believe you?" I asked as she could, very easily, be lying.