46. Left Her Alone.

So don't tell me it's too late
Hearts are made to bend, baby, please don't let me break, yeah
I knew I should've stayed
'Cause now you're movin' on and I don't know what to say
'Cause you let go,
And now I'm holdin' on
I guess you don't know
what you got, until it's gone.
Sometimes you gotta lose somebody
Just to find out you really love someone. And I do, and I do, and I do.

~Lose Somebody.
(By: One Republic, Kygo.)

|| Almost 7 Years Ago. ||

Bucky's Pov:

Just when you think that life's going great and there are no hurdles in your ways, something or should I say, someone always gets in the way.

When I got in Auburndale Art School, I was thrilled, because I always wanted to come here and also, my best pal got in with me. My happiness was maximised when I met the first love of my life here— Connie Lin.

From our very first year in architecture together, we started dating. We stayed strong together because we were young and in love. But now that it's our last year in college, more like last few days, it looks like we've hit a snag.

Arguments are a common thing with her. We don't understand each other any more, but spending five years of our lives together is not a minor deal. Lately, the topic of our arguments seems to be just one name— Krystal Ivy.

Until a few days ago, everything was going great but our cultural supervisor decided to hold an audition for a contemporary dance that is supposed to be performed on our graduation fest. Now, me and Connie has always performed together for the past five years and were going to perform this dance with each other, as well but– Krystal wanted to lead our dance.

Krystal is our junior and is in designing. I wasn't there in the auditorium when she first came in but people told me that Ms. Aldrin, our supervisor, didn't actually wanted to take her audition but she challenged that she's better than everyone in that room.

Ms. Aldrin, didn't believe her because Connie and I were leading the dance and we know each other, we have... Chemistry. There was no way that a new girl could dance better than Connie, definitely not when she was going to perform alone. So, Ms. Aldrin gave her a chance to prove herself.

Krystal was in the middle of her audition when I stepped inside the auditorium.

I went over to Connie and slipped my arm around her waist and gave her kiss, before asking her what was going on as I didn't know Krystal, then. After Connie told me that the girl dancing in the middle of the room was there to take her place, I knew that any girl who would replace Connie, would partner up with me.

My eyes travelled up to the girl dancing in a blue t-shirt and a pair of tights. Her moves were clean and absolutely perfect. Every step was on beat and her face was full of pain. It was clear that she was feeling the music and was not focused on getting the part in the dance,  but just wanted to dance.

As she went on to do her performance, I could feel my breathing grow softer and calmer. She was making me feel calm, just by dancing. Which was unusually because my brain never shuts up and in that moment all I could think about was— Krystal Ivy.

Moving, slightly away from Connie, "Who's the girl in blue?" I asked to the guy standing beside me, even though I knew that I shouldn't because I was feeling something massively change inside me.