56. Give Up.

In another life
I would be your girl
We'd keep all our promises
Be us against the world
In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say you were
The one that got away.

~The One That Got Away.
(By: Katy Perry.)

Having a heart that feels like it's going to beat out of your chest, your hands getting sweaty, to avoid which, you keep shaking them, your lungs filling up and emptying just as fast is a situation no one is zealout of.

Wearing a black dolce dress and lacey black heels with her hair parted from the middle, Krystal was standing in front of the mirror in her hotel room feelings exactly like that. Her fingers were wrestling with each other as she felt anxious about going to the brunch at Bucky's house.

All the other times she witnessed Bucky and Connie together, her heart dropped from her chest, even though she handled every situation, marvelously but she was falling apart from the inside.

The ring of her phone made her flinch and hiccup. Exhaling, sharply she turned around and walked upto the bed to pick the phone.

Seeing Peggy's name flashing on the screen, she nervously answered the call.

"Hey." She said in a low voice, mushing her palm, feeling edgy.

"Hey, where are you?" Peggy asked in a soft voice.

"Uh– uhm– I was thinking... Uhm– maybe I shouldn't come." She said furrowing her brows and taking an irregular breath.

"What? No, no, no, no, no, no. No backing out, now. You are coming and that is final." Peggy said sternly but kindly.

"Pegs, I don't know if I'll be able to see Connie with him–" Krystal said in a stressful voice. "In his house." She completed and dropped her head, feeling her heart get warm.

She heard Peggy sigh on the call.

"Krys, I don't know why Bucky broke up with you and went back to Connie... But if I know one thing, it's that either you're gonna accept the reality and face it head on or you keep hiding in the shadows." Peggy said sincerely.

Krystal let herself understand what Peggy wanted to say.

"And as far as I know, stars don't hide. They shine the brightest." Peggy added and Krystal took a deep breath. "You need to see the reality."

Taking a long pause, "alright." Krystal said, buckling up. "See you there." She added.

"Yes!" Krystal chuckled. "Bye. Hurry up." Peggy added before hanging up the call.

***

Standing on the frontier of Bucky's house, Krystal was looking up at his mansion. A place which was just theirs but now... Wasn't.

|| Sometime Ago. ||

Krystal's pov:

"Can I ask you something?" I asked laying over his chest while the sheets around our bodies, wrapped us together on the bed.

"Mm hmm." Bucky responded with his eyes closed and softly grazing his palm over my arm.

"Can we stay here? Forever?" I asked in a husky voice, blinking softly, hearing his heartbeat.

"Like this?" Bucky asked, pulling me closer to him, if that was even possible and placed a kiss over my head.