Chapter 216: Pete The Loafer!

Before marking the paper, the tutor even said, “He has been obsessed with games for the past month, so it’s understandable even if he scores badly on the test…”

After saying that, he looked at the multiple-choice questions in front of him.

Marking multiple-choice questions was very simple. He skimmed downward and found that the answers were exactly the same as the standard answer sheet’s. He was taken aback.

At the sight, Justin raised his eyebrows and asked, “How is it?”

The tutor looked up at him incredulously. “… They are all correct.”

How could that be?

Pete’s level of understanding had obviously regressed to a first-grader’s a few days ago. Why had it risen out of the blue again?

He was in charge of the Hunts’ children’s education matters, so he understood these children the best.

When Pete’s standard suddenly dropped, he had panicked right away. He had wanted to use the test results to make Mr. Hunt realize just how serious the matter was, but this…

The tutor, who was in disbelief, continued to mark the paper…

A small head suddenly appeared at the door during this time.

Justin looked over to see Fatty standing there and peeking at them. When he saw Justin looking over, he shrank back in fright. But after that, he poked his big fat head out again. The chubby boy came up to Justin and asked, “Uncle Justin, did Pete do badly on the test?”

He let out a sigh and said, “Look at how awful the look on the tutor’s face is. By right, scoring badly once shouldn’t actually matter, but Pete is a special case… Uncle Justin, you may not know this, but he has been playing games every day and neglecting his studies recently! I saw him using his cell phone quite a few times!”

Justin glanced at the little fellow.

The seven to eight-year-old boy was big and tall. He was a full head taller than Pete and looked very naive and honest. However, the child’s thoughts were written all over his face, and Justin could see through what he was thinking with just a glance.

The little fellow wanted to one-up Pete.

The boy had been totally led astray by his uncle’s family.

Justin looked at Pete and asked coldly, “How did you do on the test?”

Pete replied, “Alright, I suppose.”

Justin snorted and said, “If you don’t score full marks, then you’ll have to kneel in the ancestral hall as punishment.”

Even if he had been sent to Nora, he, a child whom Justin had personally brought up and taught, should still be strict with himself and not slack off in his studies.

Pete replied very confidently, “… ‘kay.”

Without a tutor supervising him, his self-studying speed had become even faster. Additionally, for some reason, when he was with Nora, he kept feeling as if his mind had become clearer than before. His mother had a special scent on her that put him very much at ease, making him not as sensitive and paranoid as before.

Justin nodded at his reply.

Fatty looked at Justin, and then at Pete.

The adult was expressionless with his eyes slightly lidded, while the child looked almost exactly the same as the adult. Both father and son were so unfathomable that no one could guess their thoughts.