Chapter 396: Father And Daughter Acknowledge Each Other!

Chapter 396: Father And Daughter Acknowledge Each Other! Separated By Death?

Someone was following them?

Nora looked at the back through the rearview mirror—it was filled with cars.

Quentin lived up to his identity as a man in secret forces. His senses were sharper and keener than even hers. She also sensed it after Quentin brought it up.

“Can you throw them off?” Nora asked.

“Of course.” Quentin said triumphantly, “Don’t you know whose car you’re in right now? How dare they tail me. They sure think really highly of themselves!”

He sneered, “I’m the only one who can tail other people in New York. No one can tail me!”

He suddenly turned the steering wheel all the way to the side at the traffic light and drifted straight into a small side road.

Nora looked at the rearview mirror—two black cars clearly looked a little confused because they hadn’t expected him to suddenly break the traffic rules and go somewhere else.

However, another two cars soon followed after them from the side.

Quentin discovered their presence earlier than she did. He sneered, “Tsk, it seems like there are a lot of people interested in Big Sister, Nora! Don’t worry, I will definitely keep you safe!”

He changed the direction he was going in again.

The car went back and forth in the familiar New York streets. Quentin was very professional. Half an hour later, when he turned to another side road, there were no longer any cars following them at the back.

Obviously, Quentin had successfully thrown them all off.

Quentin looked at her. He looked as if he was asking for praise as he asked, “How was that?”

He lifted his chin.

Nora gave him a thumbs up. “Fantastic.”

Quentin couldn’t suppress the smile at the corners of his lips.

His idol was none other than Big Sister. It simply felt too blissful to be praised by his idol. He must do even better than this!

While Quentin was getting fired up, his cell phone suddenly rang.

When he answered, Joel’s voice came from the other side. “Where is Nora?”

Quentin looked at the woman in the backseat. “She’s in the car with me. What’s up?”

Joel said, “Come to the hospital right away!”

Quentin: “?”

He subconsciously asked, “Is there something wrong with Uncle Ian?”

Joel sighed. “You’ll know once you’re here.”

“Okay.”

Quentin immediately took a U-turn and raced to the hospital.

When Nora heard the call from Joel, she knew at once that something must have happened in the hospital.

When the two arrived at the hospital, sure enough, they saw Joel pacing back and forth nervously in the corridor. When he heard their footsteps, he immediately looked at Nora and said, “Quick, Nora, go into the operating room and save him!”

Nora entered the operating room right away.

It was only after she went in that Quentin asked, “What happened?”