Chapter 240: Help!

She had only discarded the flowers away the day before in a moment of impulse. Later, when Mrs. Landis told her that she hadn’t really thrown it away, Iris had been overjoyed.

Recommended for you
Discover More Content That's Right for You
Take a look at coworking space options in the UK
Discover More Content That's Right for You
Take a look at coworking space options in the UK

options in the UK
Sponsored by Coworking spaces | Search ads
It was the things that one recovered after losing that they cared about the most.

She grabbed the pajamas next to her, put them on, and walked out of the room barefooted, making a beeline for the greenhouse.

Mrs. Landis was standing next to the pot of flowers. At the sight of her, she panicked at once. “Oh dear, look at you, ma’am…”

She took a pair of slippers and gave them to Iris, who rushed over to the pot of flowers eagerly.

The pungent smell was still there, but the worms on the plant were gone.

Although the flowers still looked lifeless, they weren’t dead.

Mrs. Landis pointed to it. “The worms are really gone. Has the pot of flowers recovered?”

Iris shook her head. She stared at the pot of flowers with a frown and said, “No, not exactly. The worms have indeed been driven away, but the flowers have also been contaminated by the mixture, so they may also wither.”

This was the reason why she had refrained from using pesticides even after such a long time.

All pesticides had harmful effects on the flowers. Orchids were simply too delicate!

1

That was why she had been so hesitant and hadn’t dared to use it all this time. But in the end, a young missy living next door had used it on the flowers instead, sigh!

Mrs. Landis turned the pot of flowers around and examined it. She said, “Ma’am, the flowers look like they are in better condition than before to me, though? Think about it—it also looked terribly lifeless when it was still infested with worms, but it seems alright today? This pot of flowers isn’t as delicate as we imagined after all!”

Iris frowned.

Mrs. Landis marveled at the sight. “That young missy’s remedy from yesterday surprisingly saved the flowers! Haha, maybe the pot of flowers would have already recovered by now if you had used pesticides on it five days ago! You were just too scared and too distressed about it. That’s why you didn’t dare to do it!”

Iris hesitated for a moment. “Really? But I remember that it was exactly because I used pesticides that a pot of flowers I once had, had died. The flowers became rotten, and even the roots were damaged and couldn’t grow anymore.”

Mrs. Landis was in a very good mood. She said, “But that was a different species of flowers. Maybe that pot of flowers just didn’t have enough vitality and life force. This pot of flowers here is chock full of vitality, though!”

Iris also nodded. “Yes, let’s watch over it today!”

“Okay!”

The pot of flowers remained half-dead the whole day. Iris watered it regularly and let it bask in the sun. This continued until the third day when the pot of flowers actually survived!

“Ma’am, this pot of orchid is no way near as delicate as you say it is! Look at how hardy it is! It’s still doing fine even though that young missy was spraying vinegar on it that day!”