Chapter 237: What's That?

The glamorous woman sighed. “The sight of the flower makes me want to do my absolute best to save it. How am I supposed to refuse entry to Ms. York and leave the flower to die when she comes again? I might as well just throw the pot of flowers away, then. Out of sight, out of mind!”

Mrs. Landis’ heart ached as she looked at her. Even her eyes had reddened.

The glamorous woman’s name was Iris Hunt, and she was originally the eldest daughter-in-law of direct lineage in the Hunts, the most influential family in New York. By right, she should have been the most dazzling and enviable person.

But unexpectedly, after the marriage…

For Justin’s sake, she was adamant about not having excessive contact with him. She had been living here ever since she moved out of the Hunts’ residence, and had put all of her sentiments for Justin and Pete into the flowers and plants here.

The pot of A Glimpse of Blood was the first pot of orchid that she had taken care of back then.

Perhaps even Justin himself didn’t remember it anymore, but it was one of the first few potted flowers and plants that he had given her.

Iris had treated it very delicately all this time and even personally taken care of it. Therefore, the potted orchid wasn’t just Iris’ treasure, but it also contained all of her sentiments for her son and grandson.

But perhaps the potted orchid had gotten old and reached the end of its lifespan, it started to wilt this year and even became infested with worms at the roots.

Iris had tried many ways, but she simply couldn’t cure it. To make matters worse, this pot of orchid was very hard to take care of. Just as she was feeling troubled over it, Tina had visited, claiming that she was there to give Iris a routine health checkup.

Doctors went to the Hunts regularly to conduct physical examinations for them every month.

The attending physician had suddenly changed to Tina this month. No one suspected anything initially, but when Tina saw the flowers, she suddenly started talking about orchids. This made Iris sit up in attention. After it caught her interest, the two of them started chatting.

Mrs. Landis had never heard Iris talk that much all these years.

Many of Tina’s opinions with regard to orchid care gained Iris’ approval, making her nod frequently. Mrs. Landis had thought that Iris had finally found someone whom she could talk to.

But who would have thought that Justin would come over?

The sight of Justin had immediately made Tina timid and fainthearted. When she thought of the sudden change of doctors this month, Mrs. Landis understood everything right away.

Given how clever Iris was, how could she possibly not understand when even Mrs. Landis had figured it out?

That was how it had led to the conversation the day before.

To be honest, it didn’t actually really matter even if they allowed Tina to stay. What could she possibly make use of Iris for? Besides, she could also keep her company and chat with her.

However, despite saying all those selfish things, Iris had thrown the pot of flowers away the very next moment.

Her love as a mother made Mrs. Landis feel like crying.

“Tsk, it’s just a worldly possession. What’s the big deal?”

Seeing that Mrs. Landis’ eyes were all red, Iris pretended to be alright and waved at her. She got up and said, “Throw it away. I’ll go to the front and look around the place there.”