Chapter 306: Blow up the Card!

Louis: “??”

He was stunned.

Actually, he had indeed spent too much on feeding the stray cats and dogs in the district.

After all, raising a cat and a dog was the same as raising a wealthy person.

In the past, when he first started raising them, he would give them cheaper cat food. After all, it was already very satisfying for stray cats to have food.

However, after a while, he realized that the stray cats had lost a lot of fur and were malnourished. Therefore, he carried them to the vet.

The doctor said that most stray cats had been abandoned by their owners. There were also a few good breeds of cats who had higher food requirements.

They had to consume a lot of vitamins and proteins. The dogs also had to eat meat and bones to grind their teeth every meal.

The doctor also said, “Of course, just feed them some food. It’s already goodwill to them that they won’t starve to death. There’s no need to empty your wallet for them.”

However, Louis had always been a person who pursued perfection. He had OCD in everything he did. Moreover, he did not want to let these cats and dogs suffer. Therefore, he braced himself and spent his monthly allowance on them.

Later on, his elder brother limited his expenses. When he went to ask his parents for money, his parents scolded him for having a screw loose. Who would spend $30,000 every month just to feed these stray cats and dogs?

Later on, when others asked him where the money went, he would never say it again. Occasionally, he would tease them, “I bought avatars and equipment for girls!”

Louis was a little stunned.

Anyone who saw him feeding stray cats and dogs would urge him to reduce their standard of living. No one had ever come up to him directly and bought canned food without saying anything.

He looked at Nora in a daze. He slowly stood up and asked in disbelief, “Aren’t you going to ask me how much these cans are?”

Nora raised her eyebrows. “Oh, how much?”

“There are dozens of sets of canned food, and it’s not enough for them to only eat canned food. Therefore, I have to prepare some fruits and vitamins. With so many cats and dogs added together, I’m afraid it will cost 1,500 dollars a month!”

“1,500?”

Nora was a little hesitant. Was this money a lot?

It should not be a problem for him to get 1,500 dollars from her card. Why was he so conflicted?

Louis coughed and said, “So, are you still buying them?”

“…Yes.”

After Nora answered this question again, she asked the service staff to pack up everything that Louis had said. When a large bag of cat and dog food was in Louis’s hands, the corners of his mouth twitched. “Do you have so much money in your bank card? Don’t pretend to be rich in front of me!”

Nora did not say anything and silently handed over the bank card.

She had never set a password for her bank card as she found it troublesome.

The service staff swiped it and paid directly. Nora took the bank card and stuffed it into Louis’s hand. “It’s enough to feed you.”

Louis: “??”

He immediately stood up straight and retorted, his blond hair almost exploding. “I’m not the one eating it! It’s for the stray cats and dogs!”