Chapter 239: Mother-In-Law And Daughter-In-Law Meet!

“Damn, it smells so pungent!”

Recommended for you
Discover More Content That's Right for You
Take a look at coworking space options in the UK
Discover More Content That's Right for You
Take a look at coworking space options in the UK

options in the UK
Sponsored by Coworking spaces | Search ads
Tanya spoke brashly and without reservations. “My favorite perfume scent has been totally overwhelmed!”

Nora glanced at her. “That’s why I said we should do it outdoors. You’re the one who insisted on doing it indoors…”

“That was because I thought we could sit in the room, wasn’t it? Come on, let’s move to the yard. Where should we put it?”

Nora looked around and found a small marble table in the yard. She walked over, put the orchid down, and started to spray the potion, that she had concocted, on it again.

While she was carefully spraying the potion all around the flower, she suddenly heard an angry shout. “Stop!”

Nora was taken aback. Both she and Tanya looked at the door to see Mrs. Landis with her hands on her hips. As though an old mother hen guarding her chick, she rushed over and stood in front of them. “What are you trying to do to the pot of flowers?”

Nora, “?”

Tanya, “?”

The two looked at Mrs. Landis. They hadn’t shut the gates when they came in just now, so the woman had come in just like that. Who was she, though?

They were wondering about it when Mrs. Landis said, “That pot of flowers belongs to me!”

Realization dawned upon Tanya. “Oh, I see. I found the pot of flowers in the garden and thought that the person who discarded it didn’t want it anymore, so I brought it back!”

At the sight of how lifeless the pot of flowers was, Mrs. Landis panicked at once. “Why wouldn’t we want it? Do you know what this is or not? Also, how can you bring this pot of orchid back with you so carelessly when it’s so expensive?”

Tanya replied sheepishly, “How expensive can it be? I thought it was a bonsai tree!”

Mrs. Landis, “…”

She stepped forward. She was about to take the flowerpot when Nora suddenly stopped her. She said, “You claim that this pot of flowers belongs to you, but do you have any proof?”

This particular pot of flowers was worth a lot of money, so she was guarding against strangers who might be trying to scam them out of it. Besides, going by how old Mrs. Landis looked, she didn’t seem like someone that would go online to approach her for help on treating the plant.

After all, the elderly didn’t go online very much. Additionally, only a minority of people would visit that forum.

Mrs. Landis was taken aback. “Do I have to prove it?”

“Of course.”

Nora said unhurriedly, “Otherwise, how would I know whether or not you’re really the owner of this pot of flowers?”

Mrs. Landis, “…”

That was true. She could understand why she would have such concerns.

But how was she going to prove it?

Nora said, “This pot of flowers’ buds are not quite the same color as other flowers. You just need to tell me what color they are.”

Mrs. Landis, “!!”