Chapter 293: The Family of Three~

Maureen was someone who refused to embarrass herself. If she asked someone for help, she would either pay them or do something for them. No matter what, she would always repay the debt she owed.

She had only just been angry at Yvonne a moment ago because of Brandon, yet she had to beg her for help now?

There was no way she could make herself do that.

Warren scratched his head. “It’s okay, she’s my younger sister. It’ll be fine if I go and approach her. It doesn’t count as begging her for help. We’re family!”

Maureen grabbed her husband who was about to go out. “I’ve had enough, Warren! Look at your son’s butt! If we were really family, would you have given him a beating if he stepped on your feet?”

Warren was taken aback.

Maureen pointed at him and ranted, “It’s exactly because you always feel like you owe her a favor that you unknowingly behave as if you’re beneath her. Yes, Yvonne is indeed from the Smiths’ direct lineage, but at the bottom of it all, she’s still just an adopted daughter. I’ve never seen you so wimpy even when you’re in front of Joel! Why is it that you can’t even say a single word in front of her?”

Maureen became more and more aggrieved as she spoke. Her eyes turned red, and she cried as she shouted, “Think about how much injustice you have made me suffer all these years? Let’s just talk about the Almas caviar the other time. You clearly know that I love caviar the most while it doesn’t matter to her whether she eats it or not, yet you still forced me to give her two-thirds of it… Do you know? My mom only managed to buy the Almas caviar after asking someone for a favor and spending a lot of money! Even she couldn’t bear to eat it herself, and had given them all to me!”

Maureen wiped her tears and went on. “I was willing to overlook certain things before, but we have to make things clear now! She is your younger sister, and you have a sister complex. It’s not a problem that you want to spoil her, but she isn’t related to me by blood at all! Neither has she done anything for me! Why do I also have to repay her for the favors she’s done for you?!”

Warren scratched his head. He panicked and said, “Don’t cry, dear. I… I just thought that good things ought to be shared, that’s all.”

“Yeah, right! Never mind if she also likes Almas caviar, but the problem is that she doesn’t like it at all! I saw with my own eyes that she couldn’t bring herself to eat the Almas caviar after it was prepared, so she gave it to Florence, the housekeeper! I’ve kept all this to myself and have never brought it up before, but don’t you dare go too far!

“You have two choices today, Warren Smith. One—you go to her, and we divorce! I won’t take this bullshit anymore! The second—remove her software consultant position in the company, or pay her a salary. You can even give her dividends if you want! Just don’t owe her any more favors!”

1

Maureen hugged herself angrily and sobbed loudly after she spoke.

She was full of grievances after her son suffered a beating.

Yet now she still had to go and beg Yvonne for help! She was so goddamn full of grievances that she couldn’t get any more aggrieved than that!

Brandon was already in pain because of the beating, but he had been holding it back all this time. However, when he saw that his mother was upset, he immediately walked over and pushed Warren. Then, he hugged Maureen and also burst into tears. He said, “Don’t cry, Mommy! Don’t cry! We won’t talk to bad Daddy anymore! If he makes you angry, I will take off the respirator for his oxygen tank after I grow up!”