Chapter 392: Exposed!

Just as Mia was about to say something, Hillary’s voice rang out through the phone. “Do you miss Mommy, Mia?”

The little Mia trembled a little when she heard Hillary’s voice. In the end, she nodded and replied weakly, “Yes.”

“Did you hear that, Joel?”

Hillary tried her best to convince him, “Mia wants to see me!”

Joel heaved a huge sigh.

He didn’t want to let Mia and Hillary come into contact anymore, but if Mia wanted to see her mother, he couldn’t stop her.

Therefore, Hillary immediately knew that Joel must have relented when she heard him sigh. She asked tentatively, “Can I go back to the Smiths’ tonight? I heard that you’ve just found your younger sister, so I can also take the chance to pay her a visit.”

Joel had a very cold look in his eyes. “You’re never returning to the Smiths. If you want to meet Mia, then I will bring her to you.”

Hillary was a little taken aback. “Alright, then.”

After hanging up, Joel took Mia to the residential complex where Hillary lived. However, he stayed at the door and refrained from entering.

After informing Hillary that he had arrived, she came out and invited Joel and Mia into the villa. She said, “Grandma misses you, Mia. Let’s go in?”

Mia didn’t like that grandmother of hers, either.

She always pointed at her and scolded her for being a girl, and kept saying that if she were a boy, her parents would already have gotten together long ago.

She grabbed Joel’s sleeve.

Joel said, “Let’s just stay here.”

Seeing that he wasn’t giving in, Hillary could only sigh and say, “Okay. Mia, this is Mommy’s birthday gift for you. Do you like it?”

Hillary had prepared a toy car for Mia.

Mia looked at the toy car and took it.

Joel wanted to take her away, but Hillary suddenly said, “Let’s take a family picture, Joel! It’s been really long since we were last together.”

Joel sneered, “We’re not a family. You’re just Mia’s mother.”

Hillary bit her lip. “Alright, I won’t make things difficult for you, even if you won’t acknowledge me. But I’m ultimately still Mia’s mother, so can I take a picture with her?”

Joel was about to refuse when Hillary said, “I’ve already put up with how you refuse to let me see my daughter. Are you going to deny me this, too? All I can do now is spend my days looking at photos of my daughter.”

Joel fell silent but didn’t reject her request anymore.

Hillary squatted down and hugged Mia. She picked up her phone and said, “Mia, look at the camera~”

Then, she snapped a photo.

After the photo was taken, Mia returned to Joel. Joel took his daughter and left straightaway.

After leaving Hillary, the little Mia subconsciously breathed a sigh of relief and relaxed.

The two went to a restaurant and had dinner.

Neither of them noticed that Hillary had been following them since they left the residential complex. When they entered the restaurant, she finally took a photo.

Tanya sat in the living room after seeing the two of them off.

She felt terribly troubled.